What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad can play 1080p videos all you need is......

venom1561

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All you need to do is first have the 1080p video in mp4 format of course you are going to have to jailbreak your iPad first then get instoulls and download Goodreader after that just open up goodreader in itunes and drag the video to the goodreader syncing folder that's it that simple and the video will play on the iPad just open goodreader and tap on the video ''magic'':):):):):):):)

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All you need to do is first have the 1080p video in mp4 format of course you are going to have to jailbreak your iPad first then get instoulls and download Goodreader after that just open up goodreader in itunes and drag the video to the goodreader syncing folder that's it that simple and the video will play on the iPad just open goodreader and tap on the video ''magic'':):):):):):):)

Yes this works, but you " buy the app GoodReader In appstore ".:p

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ifile is better, you can put the video anywhere. And it doesn't have to be mp4. H.264 mov plays too. Even 1080p.

OP
venom1561

venom1561

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not know that i knew about ifile but did not know that you could actually play other formats other than mp4:0 Thanks for the info now i'll just have to wait:(:(:(:(:(:( Til November

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yet you cannot play mkv files in 720P. Ridiculous. All HD content on the web is in mkv, unless you buy from Apple. Surprise, surprise, they dont support the standard.

OP
venom1561

venom1561

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeh I know mkv is a pain in the ass but I found a program called handbreak and I works perfectly with any format including mkv's and the best part is that it dose not cut any quality from the video that is being converted it's a program worth downloading trust me:)

OP
venom1561

venom1561

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeh I have the app on my iPad and it dose work but cuts a lot of the video quality you will notice it when you try to convert HD videos

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yet you cannot play mkv files in 720P. Ridiculous. All HD content on the web is in mkv, unless you buy from Apple. Surprise, surprise, they dont support the standard.

I'm sorry, I'm going to be a little rude here... but boo hoo. MKV files are BARELY supported by any standard video players on any computer out there. You have to either fiddle with the player to get them working, or use a 3rd party program like VLC.

As for MKV files, MKV isn't an encoding type like AVI or MP4, it's a type of container that PIRATES use to make PIRATED MOVIES.

Any legit site you can get online movies for, even if you could download them, won't be in MKV.

And if there are, I'll concede. I can guarantee there aren't many, IF any.

The standard. Your ignorance frustrates me. Know your facts before you bash apple for supporting a standard that is standard only to pirated movies. Until then, just deal with the conversion process.

I swear I get sick of your constant posts where you bash when it's least deserved. I think you just need to sell your iPad and get a magical device that does everything you want. Oh wait, it doesn't exist.

Air video converts mkv on the fly.

Exactly. I love the program. It even (points to muyoso) converts those "legit" MKV files perfectly, with no quality loss, as long as you adjust the settings.

Ugh. muyoso, you really get my panties in a bunch. And I don't even wear panties.

Yeh I have the app on my iPad and it dose work but cuts a lot of the video quality you will notice it when you try to convert HD videos

You can increase the video quality for offline conversion. Doing that will turn a HD file into an HD file playable on the iPad with next to no loss of quality. I've tried it with multiple files and the result is the same.

tomjame

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i know a step by step guide on how to play MKV, HD MKV files on PS3/Xbox 360/iPad/iPhone/Android/QuickTime/Zune/PowerPoint/BlackBerry/Nokia and more. at ~moderated - do not link to paid software under the guise of a tutorial ~ hope it helps more or less

Last edited by a moderator:

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Real player is free on pc and let's you convert videos to any format. You can also download videos directly off the Internet on YouTube and other similar sites.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Boblins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can it convert more then one file at once? Ie can you select a number of .avi files for instance and kick off the conversion and walk away for a few hours?

Most reactions