What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to download non mp4 videos

Whitecobra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I download non mp4 videos to Ipad? I have a lot of movies downloaded to pc. Using Itune I have synced the folder the videos are in, but only the videos in a mp4 format were synced. How do I download the videos that are not in a mp4 format to the Ipad without converting them to mp4. I already have a video player downloaded that should play any format I have. I want to be able to take a few movies on the road with me and not be dependent on my wifi and PC using Home Sharing.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You need to move those non-mp4 videos into the app that can play them. The standard, built in player cannot, so you cannot sync them to that app.

What app are you using the play these non-mp4 videos?

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How can I download non mp4 videos to Ipad? I have a lot of movies downloaded to pc. Using Itune I have synced the folder the videos are in, but only the videos in a mp4 format were synced. How do I download the videos that are not in a mp4 format to the Ipad without converting them to mp4. I already have a video player downloaded that should play any format I have. I want to be able to take a few movies on the road with me and not be dependent on my wifi and PC using Home Sharing.

The simple way is to convert your files to Mp4 file format using Miro Video Converter. http://www.mirovideoconverter.com/
B
oth your old video and new Mp4 video will be in the same Dir. you have the original video in after converting. Use the iPad format from Miro it's the Mp4 format.

OP
W

Whitecobra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 3 to choose from : OPlayerHD Lite, Video D/L free version, & VDownload Pro.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't use any of those...but you likely can find their websites and find instructions on moving files into them. You have to remember that most apps on iPad have their own file space...in other words, they can only see the files they are meant to work with. So you have to associate these non-mp4 with the app you intend to watch them with. Once you learn to do this it is way faster than converting your videos to mp4. Learn it once and you're good to go forever.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is what I am trying to avoid. Why, you may ask, I know they all want fit but I have a 2Tb external hard drive almost full of downloaded movies.

2Tb of downloaded video's WOW!!! Just how long did it take to DL all them video's? And do you really watch them all?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd just like to point out that this forum does not permit discussion of piracy. While there is no indication in the thread thus far that these 2Tb of downloaded movies are from dubious sources, I find it difficult to believe that they are legally acquired, and not subject to copyright.

So long as the conversation stays on the topic indicated by the OP, that is transferring non supported file types, it can continue, but if we are going to start discussing download sources for copyright works, the thread will be closed.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd just like to point out that this forum does not permit discussion of piracy. While there is no indication in the thread thus far that these 2Tb of downloaded movies are from dubious sources, I find it difficult to believe that they are legally acquired, and not subject to copyright.

So long as the conversation stays on the topic indicated by the OP, that is transferring non supported file types, it can continue, but if we are going to start discussing download sources for copyright works, the thread will be closed.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

All the videos I have on my Computer and iPad and Mac. were taken by me with my own three video camcorders. I have no videos that were downloaded from the internet. Just felt I would make this statement as to not give anyone other thoughts in regards to my video's.

Most reactions

Latest posts