What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad calender keeps crashing

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Barçamad said:
Could be somebody at Apple with a warped sense of 'April Fool' joke! If it is, it is certainly no joke! ;)

No, no joke........Rather devilish I say! ;)

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well well well. I get exactly the same. The calendar crashes when I try to open March 2013 in month view. That month, and only that month!

My work around is to select weekly views, navigate into March. The daily, weekly and year views from within March are OK. As soon as I switch to monthly view from a date in March 2013, things crash!

To quote Shakespeare. "Beware of the ides of March"! :)

OK. I will now read the rest of this thread for other ideas for fixes.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

EDIT. I don't have Facebook calendar as an app.

Last edited:

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup, changing the event Easter Monday from an all day event into a short event of an hour or so has done the trick.

The calendar works without crashing out of the monthly view for March.

Thanks. :)

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup, changing the event Easter Monday from an all day event into a short event of an hour or so has done the trick.

The calendar works without crashing out of the monthly view for March.

Thanks. :)

Hi Richard,
Tried this but I cannot get the day to open for editing. All it says I'd 'Details' and all day event. No way can I edit it. Can you tell me exactly what you did please? It really is annoying.
Cheers,
Mike

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Barçamad said:
Hi Richard,
Tried this but I cannot get the day to open for editing. All it says I'd 'Details' and all day event. No way can I edit it. Can you tell me exactly what you did please? It really is annoying.
Cheers,
Mike

OK. I opened list view and scrolled down to April.

image-977436305.jpg

Then I double tapped Easter Monday to Callum the edit item dialogue box.

image-2340810237.jpg

I then switched the all day event option off.

image-1466519144.jpg

I left the 1 hour times lot offered up, tapped done, tapped done and voila!

HTH

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK. I opened list view and scrolled down to April.

View attachment 34716

Then I double tapped Easter Monday to Callum the edit item dialogue box.

View attachment 34717

I then switched the all day event option off.

View attachment 34718

I left the 1 hour times lot offered up, tapped done, tapped done and voila!

HTH

Thanks for the prompt reply and detailed explanation but when I double tap Easter Monday I do not get any all day event option just
image.jpg
Totally baffling!
Thanks for your help anyway.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi again,

Try as I may there is no way that I can open Easter Monday for editing. When I double tap the day a box pops up but I cannot open the box any further as shown in Richard's post, tap away as I may. Isn't it about time that Apple sorted this? There is a market in the UK after all, we do exist.
There again, knowing me as I do, it is probably operator error.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Barçamad said:
Thanks again, Richard but I cannot read the text at the side of the image. If I zoom it blurs out of recognition. Once again, thanks for your patience in this matter. I cannot understand why Apple can't sort this with a fix.

No problem, this is the text

Tap the date in the dialogue box to call up the dialogue box for changing the event to a short one of about 1 hour.

So much for high resolution screenshots :)

I hope all works OK now.

EDIT. I had a sudden thought. Do you use the iPF App? if so, view my post in the App. If so, have you tried tapping the image in my post? Tap or double tap the image to get an enlarged view of it. To return to the posts view, tap/dbl tap the image to call up the top menu bar, then tap the top left button.

Last edited:

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Richard,
I have tried that to no avail, guess there is some other issue with the calendar on my iPad 3. I do appreciate you trying but I guess I will give this up as a bad deal. I have worked around it by just opening in weeks or days so that will do. It is just so annoying that I cannot get your method (no fault of yours) to work. Must work on my tapping skills ;)
I did look on the IPF app and all was clear on there. Must remember that in future, another good tip to retain.
Best regards,
Mike

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

The issue has beaten me! Hopefully someone else is following this thread and has an answer. Mind you from time to time some of us have crashes and minor glitches on our own iPads and the problem is not forum wide.

Cheers

Richard

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Richard is right, you may have a glitch on your iPad which is stopping you from being able to follow his steps.

Try first closing the app completely, then a restart and lastly a reset and try between each step to see if it helps.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Barçamad said:
Hi Richard,
I have tried that to no avail, guess there is some other issue with the calendar on my iPad 3. I do appreciate you trying but I guess I will give this up as a bad deal. I have worked around it by just opening in weeks or days so that will do. It is just so annoying that I cannot get your method (no fault of yours) to work. Must work on my tapping skills ;)
I did look on the IPF app and all was clear on there. Must remember that in future, another good tip to retain.
Best regards,
Mike

Have you upgraded to iOS 6.1, my calendar issue was resolved instantly.....no more calendar crashes!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts