What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad built for Verizon?

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What a HUGH disappointment not to have the ipad on Verizon; it is a game changer for me. And I had been so excited; now no way....I had been waiting on getting a Kindle in antisipating of this...now what! I don' want to pay ~$800 on the ipad and not have great internet functions because of poor AT&T network performance. It's to much for the usable service just to download ebooks and not get much more because of the service provider limitation. Why can't Apple and Verizon get over this issues and get us the ipad ASAP!

AT&T has a better 3G network but verison has more.(saw it in a commercial)lol.

shinelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys, you are talking about ipad witch is capable to run 3g ?

mvegas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Everyone

Does anyone have an idea if they're gonna charge you extra for using the internet on this if you already have AT&T as your cell carrier? That would really be wrong I feel the Ipad should be an extension of your phone data plan i'm pretty sure they'll charge but hopefully not to much. Anybody got any ideas of how much?
Thanks

Alex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a shame that the iPad isn't compatible with T-mobile's 3g network. No matter what the Ad's tell you, T-Mobile has THE FASTEST data network in the US right now. It's the only TRUE HSDPA 7.2mb network. Yes, ATT has enable HSDPA 7.2 on theirs, but what they fail to tell consumers is that most of their existing infrastructure simply can't handle those speeds, creating a bottleneck at the most crucial part of the network. So until they can upgrade their entire network (which they won't, since all their money is invested in their 4g development), T-mobile is the winner.

Unfortunately, T-mobile has a TIIIINY 3g coverage map(around 80% of ATT's already paltry coverage), so that's a big turn-off. But since T-mo's about to roll out HSDPA+, I would be very interested to see an iPad with an HSDPA+ radio built in. Imagine 21mb/s!!!!!

I just hope that T-mobile will have micro-SIM's available so I can at least try the iPad out with mobile data.

As for Verizon, i'm sorry but they have the SLOWEST network ever! Using my friend's BB and Envy it kills me!

If anything, Sprint should've gotten a version. Their EVDO rev A network screams. It's just unfortunate that they have a horrible selection of phones to choose from.

Ronanb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon Hotspot

I have a verizon smartphone with unlimited data. I have a program called Walking Hotspot. When I turn the program on, the phone becomes a hotspot for up to 5, without any additional hardware. I've used the iPad with it and it works just fine.

DanaNgidhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a verizon smartphone with unlimited data. I have a program called Walking Hotspot. When I turn the program on, the phone becomes a hotspot for up to 5, without any additional hardware. I've used the iPad with it and it works just fine.

Hi:Where did you get the program Waling Hotspot? I have a Verizon Driod phone.Thanks.Dana

brandonhd

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hi:Where did you get the program Walking Hotspot? I have a Verizon Driod phone.Thanks.Dana

If your rooted, get android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code App, it will make your droid a mifi. You will make wifi with the droid. I haven't used the walking wifi app but I sure it can't be different the the wireless tether app in the link.

Ronanb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon Hotspot

I have an HTC running Windows mobile 6.5. For your Droid, you might want to first try the suggestion above. The program that I'm using is named Walking Hotspot. They have their own site, but I bought it from Handango.
You need to see what works with your phone.

DanaNgidhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Earlier rumors indicated that the iPad would be built to run on Verizon network. I haven't heard much lately, but let's get this thread going with your thoughts.

Will this be the first time Apple shafts AT&T?

I tried downloading EasyTether for the Droid (Verizon) last night and still have not figured it out. I gave up and ordered the 3G!

danaNgidhu

MonsterEnergy655

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im not sure if this is the right section to write this but,

im thinking about getting an ipad, not the 3g on, just regular wifi, i was reading a review about the usb camera adapter thing and how one guy said it works for more than just a camera, like a keyboard, headphones, ect,

anyway, i have the moto droid on verizon and i found a usb network tether thing (EasyTether). what it is, you plug in the phone to a laptop, netbook, and it hooks up to internet via the phones 3g network.

does anyone know if i could do that with the adapter and ipad?
if so could you private message me back? thanks
alex

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts