What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Bezel Thoughts

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I first saw photos of the iPad and the huge bezel that surrounded the screeen.. I was a little disappointed. I was hoping it would be similar to the iPhone and the screen would be edge to edge.. Now after a week to digest it, I think Apple may have done it with some good reasoning. Having the bezel that wide allows your hands to be in a much more comfortable position while using the device without touching the screen. What are your thoughts?

Check out the examples:
ipad1-2510.jpg

ipad2-2510.png

ipad3-2510.jpg

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It does make sense for the reason you are talking about. Otherwise, games for example are going to take advantage of the entire screen and your always going to be afraid to hit the wrong thing on the screen.

If you combine this with the "touch sensitive bezel" patent they just filed, it does open up some neat opportunities to still use the bezel for input without letting screen space interfere.

Most reactions

Latest posts