What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad as reader

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to do away with the glare when using the iPad as an e-reader?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Asides from putting down my iPad, and getting a paperback or my e-reader, no such luck. :D

Seriously, though, is there no privacy filter for it? Like the ones they have for laptops? Those tend to be pretty good for glare. You can also use the smart cover as a canopy if you're right in the sun.

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use BlueFire for my reading needs. On the beach in bright sunshine it works not, but in bed at night (or any time really), it's a charm. I've never read as many books as since I got my (beloved) iPad! :D

//Stefan

OP
mollysmom

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you! I appreciate your input! :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Coffeeboy said:
I use BlueFire for my reading needs. On the beach in bright sunshine it works not, but in bed at night (or any time really), it's a charm. I've never read as many books as since I got my (beloved) iPad! :D

//Stefan

I too have taken up reading since I got my iPad. I have read more in the past eight months than I have in the last ten years. I read magazines,professional reading,and a daily newspaper, but stopped reading books. I found a new love for it again and wish I had more time to read more than I do. I even have found I have a love of vampire novels,it started with the original Dracula which I had never read. I've read a lot of other great books too. As far a the glare goes, I only read indoors or outside after dark, it's kinda cool sitting on the porch reading a good book after sunset.

EMC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone read French books from the iBookstore? When I try to look up a definition it states that the word doesn't exist as it gives English words only. How can I look up French words.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone read French books from the iBookstore? When I try to look up a definition it states that the word doesn't exist as it gives English words only. How can I look up French words.

I'm guessing iBooks use whatever default dictionary you have! So, make it French!

EMC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
antonio107 said:
I'm guessing iBooks use whatever default dictionary you have! So, make it French!

I tried that but didn't seem to work will try again.

Most reactions

Latest posts