What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad as a printer replacement

john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
All,
It took me a while to try a few options before I came to this one.

http://ipad-candy.com/print-to-ipad/

I tired to make it as clean as possible using a soft printer and tried to get the file quickly to the PAD in a format that was easily read/displayed.
Enjoy.
Regards,

Last edited:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I absolutely refuse this.
I WILL NOT send an iPad as a bill to my clients who are too stupid to buy a computing device. The cost of shipping would be prohibitive...:D

WHAT!!!...:p

john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
Printing to iPad

LOL no doubt. Send it as an end of month bill with screen captures of all the printouts in a rotating slide show! ;) that's smooth...

You COULD however send less "things" to your printer this way and save a few bucks a year on paper. If your like me and print lots of reports, specs, and analysis work so this is great. I'm going to tweak it some with my adobe settings so that the "printer" auto names the file.

That way i just choose print to iPad ePrinter and it shows up in my drop box.

Anyway it was fun to workout. I hope it's helpful to someone.

john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
All,

I put up a video on youtube showing how the 'print to ipad' tutorial works out... Let me know your thoughts. I've really been enjoying printing documents to the pad.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e6emwvRa-E]YouTube - PrintToIpad.wmv[/ame]

Thanks,

John

Deenybird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a problem john. When I'm asked to enter a port name It tells me 'access is denied' with the full path name (c:\users...). Any ideas?

john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
Deenybird,

Did you select (ADD LOCAL PRINTER) this will be the printer you specify for printing ‘to your iPad’. Then select, (CREATE A NEW TYPE OF PORT) here you’ll select (LOCAL PORT) and provide the path to the Dropbox folder you’ll be printing to?

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Most reactions

Latest posts