What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad as a gigantic tablet screen?

Xeronix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been going over this for a while.

Now, I know that the iPad uses a AirPort Extreme N card and so does my router at home + my MacBook Pro. Now, we need the ability to use the iPad as a monitor for the MacBook Pro and also function as a tablet. That way, I could leave my MacBook somewhere and use my tablet (iPad) around the house for easy use.

How does that sound?

Is it possible?

Thanks

dixy2k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you think you can use the iPad simply as a wireless monitor for the MacBook? That's interesting.

iVegas702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will the A4 chip be able to handle the Photoshop and Illustrator? They require a lot of Ram to help out. I don't think the iPad by itself can do it.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Suggestion...

I highly recommend Jaadu VNC and or Jaadu Remote Desktop App from the Apple Store.

Both work with the iPhone flawlessly and when on a WiFi network using N speeds, its almost like sitting at the desktop except for the smaller screen.

Jaadu VNC and RDP get around this by allowing the natural setting of the iPhone "Pinch and Zoom" also three finger tapping to quickly zoom an area or again to un zoom.

You can even copy paste between devices using the VNC app naturally on Windows PC's and on Macs with a server applet that allows this as well. :ipad-peacock:

Both are $24.95 the last I looked, but you only really need one, depending on your need or equipment your remote connecting to. (2 of the best apps I ever purchased)

I myself support a multitude of clients and am always connecting to their servers and desktops using either of these two apps and it always works as expected. 3G is fast too but not as responsive as WiFi. But nothing is as awesome as a client calling with trouble or questions and whipping out my iPhone or multitasking by speaking to the client while on the iPhone and simultaneously remote controlling their PC.

Ive used other apps as well, such as Mocha VNC and other less feature like remote apps, but none compare to the "polished" atmosphere as Jaadu's apps.

PS, besides remoting to the desktop, it makes for a nice track pad as well.

Personally I can't wait for the iPad just to see the use of these two apps on that gorgeous screen new screen size and the possible updates the Dev's may have in store for the iPad version, although it should just work "out of box" on the iPad. :ipad-movie:

Most reactions