What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad apps telling me they're not compatible with my iPad!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to update 8 of 9 programs without issue. The one program that said it was incompatible, loaded instantly after installing iPS 5.

OP
Zeta08

Zeta08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Easily upgraded to iOS5 today, and all apps now ok. So was just a bit of impatience after all! Although, still not sure how I'm supposed to text from iPad as doesn't seem to allow the 'send' button to work after composing message- hopefully just a bit of practicing!

cherylsigns99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problems , it won't let me update or says not compatible !!! What do we do

cherylsigns99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zeta08 said:
Easily upgraded to iOS5 today, and all apps now ok. So was just a bit of impatience after all! Although, still not sure how I'm supposed to text from iPad as doesn't seem to allow the 'send' button to work after composing message- hopefully just a bit of practicing!

I will have to connect to me computer I thought I did the upgrade yesterday !!!

carlodf64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
Just give up. Have a drink...have another drink. The iOS 5 update is creating massive problems everywhere. Servers overloaded. Verification of devices fails. App "incompatibility" fails as a result. There is no solution. Go to bed and wait for the millions of frustrated users who counted on their Apple devices to "just work" do the same thing.

The Power that be at Apple says that iOS-5 is The Most Advanced OS In The World, "years ahead of any other OS" - it also is well stated in the iOS 5 welcome screen, and They can't be wrong, so it's the user to be blamed for not being able to use it.
Shame on those ones who cannot use it!

carlodf64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
Not so. They could have made the update available only to selected groups of users. Since iTunes has the email addresses of virtually every owner of a device, they could have randomly selected groups of devices and enabled an update portal only for those who were on the (expanding) list. That's more or less the approach used for various Android devices and it works just fine. Complaints from people about not being at the head of the line, but at least when one is selected it's possible to do an update in less than 8 hours. In a couple of weeks, the entire user community would have had the opportunity to update their devices with none of the chaos that's currently going on.

No, they could have done "load capacity testing" (see Compuware's QA-Load or other similar ones) in order to avoid the trouble,
After all, they should know how many iPad they sold across the world, or does Apple deems keeping track of inventory not enuf a stilish task?

Most reactions