What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Apps are Quitting!!

iGatnos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the new iPad 3. Several apps (9) will not open. I tap on them, and it immediately goes back to the home
screen. I have restarted the device lots of times, but it will not work. People have recommended to delete and
reinstall the apps, but these are apps like Gangstar Rio, which take a while to beat, and I had beaten it. Is anyone
else having the same problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iGatnos said:
I have the new iPad 3. Several apps (9) will not open. I tap on them, and it immediately goes back to the home
screen. I have restarted the device lots of times, but it will not work. People have recommended to delete and
reinstall the apps, but these are apps like Gangstar Rio, which take a while to beat, and I had beaten it. Is anyone

Suggest first level troubleshooting remedy:

Close all background apps then restart the iPad.

To close all background apps double tap the home button and a task bar will appear with icons of your most recently opened applications. Tap and hold your finger on any one of these until it wobbles and displays a red minus sign. Once it wobbles release your finger then proceed to tap the red minus sign on each icon until they are all gone. This does NOT delete your app but rather removes it from RAM entirely.

Once all background apps have been shut down tap the home button to return to your home screen.

Once on the home screen press and hold the power button located on the side of the iPad on the adjacent corner from your volume control until the power down slider appears on your screen. When it appears slide it over and the ipad will power down. You may observe a spinning wheel type icon in the middle of an otherwise black screen....this is normal and is an indication the iPad is performing a controlled shutdown.

Once powered down restart your iPad and see if,your problem has been remedied.

Shared via iPF.

DBKDBK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having exactly the same problem, also if i turn my ipad onto standby it keeps turning itself back on and off. Ive phoned apple and they suggested resetting the whole device back to factory settings. I did this, but the problem is still not resolved, ill be phoning them shortly and i will update you

Reaction score
DBKDBK said:
I am having exactly the same problem, also if i turn my ipad onto standby it keeps turning itself back on and off. Ive phoned apple and they suggested resetting the whole device back to factory settings. I did this, but the problem is still not resolved, ill be phoning them shortly and i will update you

Hey. How did u solve the app quitting problem? I'm having the same issue with my iPad too.

OP
I

iGatnos

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I fixed the problem...

DBKDBK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took mine back and they said it could not be repaired, so they replaced it, losing my Invisible shield hd, so not particularly happy

Most reactions

Latest posts