What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad app sales off to a slow start?

jizmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why should anyone other than apple care about sales figures?

If you have the pad and dig it, do you care that it sold a couple hundred thousand more or less on launch day?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why should anyone other than apple care about sales figures?

If you have the pad and dig it, do you care that it sold a couple hundred thousand more or less on launch day?

That's how I feel. I hate when negative people try to get me to convince them why they should get an iPad...I just say, well it works for me. I don't care if you buy one, I don't get a commission, try one out and see what you think.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A good product down not become an overnight success. The PT Cruiser was an overnight sensation, but after the bling wore off, it was found to be lacking in many ways. OTOH, the HHR has been a solid performer in both sales and public demand. What will keep the iPad going is a commitment from Apple to keep it fresh, just like they have always done on their product lines. Look at the iPhone. Every time the competition comes close to what Apple has, a new generation comes out. Add to the mix that Apple designed the App store concept and has built it into a juggernaut that no other companies have been able to compete with. That is the true beauty of the iPad. It could not be a success without the App store success. The App store could not be a success without the iPhone being a success. The iPhone could not succeed without the iPod. The iPod did not take off without iTunes, and for iTunes to work, you had to have the success of the iMac. The competition has tried to react to individual products, but fail to build the foundation that it needs.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
A good product down not become an overnight success. The PT Cruiser was an overnight sensation, but after the bling wore off, it was found to be lacking in many ways. OTOH, the HHR has been a solid performer in both sales and public demand. What will keep the iPad going is a commitment from Apple to keep it fresh, just like they have always done on their product lines. Look at the iPhone. Every time the competition comes close to what Apple has, a new generation comes out. Add to the mix that Apple designed the App store concept and has built it into a juggernaut that no other companies have been able to compete with. That is the true beauty of the iPad. It could not be a success without the App store success. The App store could not be a success without the iPhone being a success. The iPhone could not succeed without the iPod. The iPod did not take off without iTunes, and for iTunes to work, you had to have the success of the iMac. The competition has tried to react to individual products, but fail to build the foundation that it needs.

Well said!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But wait a minute, those sales figures do not represent those of the 3G! So what are they worth, it's too early. And the iPad hasn't left the confines of the States yet. Sales will triple in a jiffy!

What I see with sales figures criticism, is a tool used by naysayers wanting an Apple product to fail. Quite negative I should say.

Tagg67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I bought my Ipad 32GB a few days ago the Apple Store as well as BestBuy were out of the 16GB model. I feel that the folks that are unsure are going for the 16GB based on it being something new and unsure, as well as the lower price. I think the sales are warming up and that most people wanting one now will either wait until the 16GB are back in stock or go ahead and get the 32GB for fear that they will also start selling out at the Apple stores too.
I am really happy with mine right now and don't have any complaints.
Apple products I currenly own:

Macbook Pro (Mid 2009)
Iphone (3G)
Ipods (shuffle, 3rd & 4th Gen)
Ipad (32GB)

emilyjane918

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why apple always think about money rather than customer satisfaction? Their product is always costly.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I totally agree with what you said. Its all about a solution and providing solid products, rock stable operating system and excellent service

I dont agree with the comment above from emilyjane918 regarding making money and poor customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is one of the highest in the IT industry as Apple looks after its millions of customers. Product delays happen with ALL manufactures and that will always happen with products that users want regardless of what it is. Apple is making money as they have the right product(s) from itunes down to the A4 processors in the ipad and more importantly a massive following of users already satisfied with their products and not to mention the many new users purchasing their products like the ipad.

The article link provided by emilyjane918 is written by some one whom never has used an ipad and is just repeating negative articles from other PC magazines that were written after the ipad was announced The Article is poorly written and full of errors such as "iPad is expected to run 24 hours on a single charge," Give me a break ok. There are always people whom criticise any thing made whether it be cars clothes tv's computers ,food you name it I welcome constructive criticism not garbage written by some amateur magazine writer. My answer is simple if you don't like it buy some thing else or go buy old technology like a netbook and be happy. :)

Last edited:

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Temp40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.tabletbuzzblog.com

You are right on the mark with that reply.

There's no denying that Apple has always been an intelligent and competitive company and they have the history to back that up. They have the ability to innovate and expand better than most companies out there. They know how to deliver solutions for products in this digital age and will only continue to get better.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why apple always think about money rather than customer satisfaction? Their product is always costly.

Yes and No.

Yes, Apple products appear to be costly, but you have to compare the right things there.

i.e. compare the MacBook Pro with the same equipped Lenovo and the difference is less than $50.

But come on, if you want the quality and comfort of a Mercedes, you won't complain, that it is pricier than the Nissan, would you? Sure, the Nissan will bring you also from A to B and it is a good car, but the Benz does it more comfortable and with more style.
:cool:

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As for the apps...to run iPhone apps on my iPad at 2x is ridiculous. I appreciate the "availability" of all the iPhone apps, but the "clear usability" is like hitting zoom on your big screen...I don't want to see pixelayed edges on each line or character.

I know at 1x I can enjoy a sharper image, but how many of us really don't mind seeing all of the black real estate proudly showing our smears of usage on the large border around the smaller iPhone display?

The apps are slowly being developed, but are definitely showing up each day. So I gladly return to the app store to see what's new. Imagine the amount of massive hits the site is getting by folk that check back often as I.

I love my iPad and am ok with going through the life cycle from embryo to adult stages!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yes and No.

Yes, Apple products appear to be costly, but you have to compare the right things there.

i.e. compare the MacBook Pro with the same equipped Lenovo and the difference is less than $50.

But come on, if you want the quality and comfort of a Mercedes, you won't complain, that it is pricier than the Nissan, would you? Sure, the Nissan will bring you also from A to B and it is a good car, but the Benz does it more comfortable and with more style.
:cool:

That is exactly 100% correct and one does not need to worry about a virus attack

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts