What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad and Smart cover return

Maskill94

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About three weeks after purchasing my new iPad and smart cover I found that both products weren't up to scratch. The smart cover is falling apart at the edges and there are dead pixels on the iPad screen. Obviously I expect more of this from apple as usually the products are so great! I'm taking it back to the apple store tomorrow in hope of an exchange, has anyone else encountered the same problem as me and were you helped out? I'm new to the forum and would really appreciate some advise!
Thanks

Vulcan210

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not had a problem like this but if it is your screen that is getting damaged then a screen protected could help. Those kinds of things are more to protect it form scratches but as far as cases go you may want to get a case by a third party if you are looking for durability. I have found a good number of great cases on the Internet that would be tougher that the smart case. Sometimes you can even find them in the Apple store.
Apple is pretty good when with their warranty so I would not worry to much. I think your damage would not fall under the category where you would have to purchase extra.

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not had a problem like this but if it is your screen that is getting damaged then a screen protected could help. Those kinds of things are more to protect it form scratches but as far as cases go you may want to get a case by a third party if you are looking for durability. I have found a good number of great cases on the Internet that would be tougher that the smart case. Sometimes you can even find them in the Apple store.
Apple is pretty good when with their warranty so I would not worry to much. I think your damage would not fall under the category where you would have to purchase extra.

Sorry Vulcan210 but you have misunderstood the question from Maskill94 so therefore your answer is not applicable.

Most reactions

Latest posts