What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full iPad 2 Protection With Smart Cap + Smart Cover

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhvG7YtU6PE]YouTube - Full iPad 2 Protection With Smart Cap + Smart Cover - iOS Vlog 386[/ame]​

The Smart Cap from TheHIShop.com is an iPad 2 case that should have been there from the beginning. Apple provided us with the Smart Cover, but that only protected the screen, what about the back?

As you may know, with most Apple mobile products, the backs are prone to scratches, dents, and about all other things. Sure the front can get scratched or cracked, but the back is more likely to get damaged from use. We all want to keep our products nice and new don't we? Well the Smart Cap is perfect for those who bought the Smart Cover from Apple and want a little more protection. You can pick up the back protector from TheHIShop.com for about $22.

Get Yours Here:
http://www.thehishop.com/

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a similar looking back cover shell available on Ebay for half the price that sounds like does the job equally as well. Check out other threads like "Am I the only one that doesn't like the Smart Cover"
FWIW.

JDWired

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great video and demonstration however, the smart cover as advertised on this video is a poor result of the money being wasted by users that expect the smart cover to actually stay on. I work for Best Buy and can tell you that many customers come to me and ask "Why does the smart cover not stay attached to the screen when i turn it upside down?" good question!.

Results. It's not 100% magnetic. Any other reasons?

WhatUTag - Insider news about technology

megw06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
incase magazine jacket

I recently bought the incase Magazine Jacket for my iPad2, and I love it...it seems to have all the benefits of the smart cover without the disadvantages. Basically it's a combination of the two covers in one, so it ends up being less. Obviously, if you already have the smart cover it's not worth it, but if you have a case you're unhappy with and want a new one altogether this is highly recommended. I never had a smart cover, so I can't really compare the two aside from the obvious lack of back protection. The one thing I wish this case had was the sleep/wake magnet, though, so if that's important to you you'll be better off with the combination of the two above.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smart Cap looks good, but I would like to see a clear one so you can still see the Apple logo through it :)

Most reactions

Latest posts