What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad and Real Estate

ParadisePete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, this is Paradise Pete in Palm Beach, Florida signing in for the first time. Old Mac user who migrated to a PC because of my profession is anxious to get back. Anyone else who is using the IPad for real estate should let me know, I am ready to fine tune this travel ready visual so I can effectively show properties in the U.S. and abroad. By the way, my parrot says hi!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Pete , welcome here from Asia … iPad is perfect for real estate with keynote you can made nice power point file and transfer in your iPad , you can also arrange pictures folder by property and give the correct name of each … and at list you can save potential customer in Number or even in Contacts … and fill the more information you can

OP
ParadisePete

ParadisePete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not using IPad yet. Placing order next week for 3g version. Parrot has wireless only, but will respond to questions about sunny Florida. Squawk! Squawk!

OP
ParadisePete

ParadisePete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments and assistance IPad One. A few things that I would like my Real Estate IPad do,

1. Be able to sign contracts electronically.
2. Be able to print to a printer and/or PDF.
3. Hold individual client files.
4. Take pictures of properties for clients.

I am asking too much? My parrot keeps kicking me on my chin. "Yes, I think I asked all the questions I remember." Ok, he stopped kicking.

snazzy5168

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi ipad lovers

Pete..hi from Palm Beach also...you mentioned taking pictures...and i can't seem to be able to on my ipad..anyone direct me?
Also....I tried to delete pictures and they won't delete...
I'm challenged...help me??
Thanks

GailLA

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Pete. Welcome! No Real Estate experience here. I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences.

bigdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pete..hi from Palm Beach also...you mentioned taking pictures...and i can't seem to be able to on my ipad..anyone direct me?

You cannot take pictures directly with your iPad - no built in camera at the moment.

Abrennan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eyepadulation.com
All of that and more

Thanks for your comments and assistance IPad One. A few things that I would like my Real Estate IPad do,

I am asking too much? My parrot keeps kicking me on my chin. "Yes, I think I asked all the questions I remember." Ok, he stopped kicking.

I expect you will be able to all these things and more

There are apps for 2, 3 and 4 (not real estate apps though) and if you have an iPhone you can take pictures and transmit them to iPad or buy the camera adapter and upload from your digital camera

There are apps that let you write with a stylus but there must be legal issues around signatures although couriers have been doing this for years.

Good luck

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I expect you will be able to all these things and more

There are apps for 2, 3 and 4 (not real estate apps though) and if you have an iPhone you can take pictures and transmit them to iPad or buy the camera adapter and upload from your digital camera

There are apps that let you write with a stylus but there must be legal issues around signatures although couriers have been doing this for years.

Good luck

I nearly do all of this and ‘’ one more things’’ if you have iPhone 3Gs with the USB connector and Iphone cable you can immediately transfer it in the iPad and the keep the location place from the picture

concerning my signature i have made several with the iPad but not so satisfied so i use a Wacom tablet made in PNG with transparency so it’s exactly like if i have use a pen …

the last software i need in the iPad is one can secure my PDF file with password protection

OP
ParadisePete

ParadisePete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Getting started. Using Realtor.com, my own IDX/MLS system, responding document, pics of all listings, etc. Will be starting to use it with clients. Will give you feed back. If you find other RE opportunities let me know, and thanks for taking the time to write.

Rayster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tablet laptop vs iPad

I am a realtor that has been using a tablet laptop for yrs and finally made the jump to an iPad. So far not good.

I can't send listings from our local rmls site due to a flash issue. Can't up load docs and have clients sign due to lack of who knows on this one (my system requires active X). There is no pen for the screen. I have seen pens available but those are for navigation instead of your fingers.

Anyone else have any luck? I would live to be proved wrong. I love this thing for everything else.

Ray

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts