What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and Photography

digitalbits6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using EyeFi SD card on my Nikon dSLR. EyeFi SD uses WiFi to upload photos to my Snow Leopard Server running the EyeFi program. From the Web Server photos can be made available over the Internet to the iPad Safari browser. Round about way to get photos on my Nikon dSLR to my "big screen" proofing iPad also with me. If you have the 3G iPad and old unlimited data plan then maybe this works without extra costs to you. Otherwise...

I upgraded my iPad to a 64gb so I can use the camera kit and at least load about 45gb of photos to preview on my iPad. But the minimal file management capabilities really hurts. The Photo app handles photos individually on the iPad. Photos loaded from the camera kit are manually managed.

I love the iPad screen and fast graphics to view photos, but it's a bit painful to get photos into the iPad in mass quantities.

viperviper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, for me. I jb my iPad, using my camera connection kit with my SD oR thumb drive, with ifile app, I can load and even view my photos taken by my 1d mkiii on thumb drive and sd card when plugged directly to iPad.

Last edited:

Aiden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the ipad would be great to show off portfolio work to a client, or to review images quickly after a shoot, transferring them quickly perhaps? I don't know what the transfer speed is like using the camera connection kit?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know the documented actual speeds, but it is really fast. I transferred five like 5MB photos lickity split.

Stelph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the eye-fi SD card and shuttersnitch app for the iPad, can instantly transfer photos from the camera to the iPad.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Going back to the OP

It has both SD slot and USB slot, just use the camera kit. Remember though, this is not a computer. I use it as a safety valve to store duplicates from my cameras along with my Macbook pro. That gives me two copies so I can blank out my cards and keep shooting. I resolve the low powered USB slot quite easily by copying my CF cards to SDHC cards and loading them rather than trying to use a USB card reader.

The iPad presents a very nice slide show with music for showing off your product, the display needs no further raves.

Most reactions