What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TonidoPlug - Any first hand experience?

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This sounds like the device that I have been looking for to back up photos while traveling.

I am hoping that I would be able to plug a mini SD card reader into one USB port and a USB hard drive into the other then use the built in web based file manager to copy files from SD to USB HDD using the iPad as a "console".

The important point is that the files would be copied within the TonidoPlug, not through the iPad, over WiFi.

I could also install a 2.5" HDD at a later date of course.

I am already using. DreamPlug to do this but it lacks the web based file Manager, WebDav support etc. Instead I am using X Windows and iSSH, which works but is a bit fiddly. The TonidoPlug seems to be specifically designed to satisfy the need for external storage for tablets.

EDIT: I think perhaps there is only one USB port so I may need to install a 2.5" HDD from the outset.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts