What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and IOS 8.1

jrcthor7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 upgraded to IOS 8.1. Now the problem is my screen shifts up and to the left. I tried Resetting and and re-stating to no avail.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
JRC

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 upgraded to IOS 8.1. Now the problem is my screen shifts up and to the left. I tried Resetting and and re-stating to no avail.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
JRC
Hi jrcthor7, just letting you know that your duplicated post in another thread here in the iOS8 sub-forum about 10 minutes prior to this one was deleted. Such duplication fragments any resulting discussion leading to possible confusion, and is not allowed by the rules.
A possible solution (sorry if you already tried this) may be to press twice on the Home screen button and then swipe upwards to remove all the "cards" representing your prior activities, cleaning out cache memory. It worked for me recently when the screen got stuck in portrait mode.
Regards, Andrew

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 8.1.1 came with improvements for iPad 2. The latest software for your device is iOS 8.1.2, but it included just minor bug fixes. If possible, update your device, and use iTunes to do it.

OP
jrcthor7

jrcthor7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 8.1.1 came with improvements for iPad 2. The latest software for your device is iOS 8.1.2, but it included just minor bug fixes. If possible, update your device, and use iTunes to do it.
Thanks JA. I will try that route.

OP
jrcthor7

jrcthor7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi jrcthor7, just letting you know that your duplicated post in another thread here in the iOS8 sub-forum about 10 minutes prior to this one was deleted. Such duplication fragments any resulting discussion leading to possible confusion, and is not allowed by the rules.
A possible solution (sorry if you already tried this) may be to press twice on the Home screen button and then swipe upwards to remove all the "cards" representing your prior activities, cleaning out cache memory. It worked for me recently when the screen got stuck in portrait mode.
Regards, Andrew
I tried every thing you recommended. Still the same issue. Thanks

Most reactions