What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad alarm

JackBikes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad Air "dings" a notification at 9 am every day. I don't have an alarm set for that time. I can't figure out how to turn it off. It only sounds once. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Many apps can send notifications, and any number of them can be set to send them at a specific time of day.

After the notifiction, be sure to pull down the Notification Center from the top and see what's there. It may show you any recent notifications. You do this by sliding your finger down from the top edge of the screen. Make sure you have Notifications selected, and not the Today screen.

For Apples own apps besure to check out Reminders and Calendar for re-occring events or items.

Another app I have that might do this is Dark Skys. It can send you a daily summary of the weather. 9am is the default time. This isn't he only thrid party app that can give timed notificications. Search through the mostl likely culrites. Apps that might have a reason to notify you of something daily.

If all that does not help, then you'll have to go through all your apps in Settings > Notifications and see what is enabled. You won't find any timed settings here (those are only set in the app) but you can disable all notifications from an app. You'll also see wether they will show up in the Notification Center. You can use these settings to troubleshoot the problem; turning on/off notificatons or the Notification Center to see what happens the next day.

Good luck.

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can swipe down from the top of the screen and look at the notifications and see if there is a recurring one that takes place at 9 AM. This would help find the source of the annoying alert and be able to shut it off.

670bb4c522c32f8b5345d661b7ef5802.jpg

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

OP
J

JackBikes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roy, I tried that and nothing shows at 9am. I did go through all the Apps in the notifications and there were a couple of things that I thought may have caused it. I turned off notifications for them and still got the ding at 9 am. Curious!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions