What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad Air, ipad Mini 2 and one Kindle account.

Dave in Wales

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Air, tomorrow I'm buying a Mini 2 two for my wife.

At the moment she uses a Kindle and we have one Kindle account, the Air is on that also.

Question......I'm sure it must have been answered before.......but here goes.

What is the simplest way to maintain the status-quo re. Apple ID, itunes account, one Kindle account, pass words, and maintain current aol screen-names and email addresses.

I'm new to all this 'mobile-device' stuff.

TIA

Dave

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Air, tomorrow I'm buying a Mini 2 two for my wife. At the moment she uses a Kindle and we have one Kindle account, the Air is on that also. Question......I'm sure it must have been answered before.......but here goes. What is the simplest way to maintain the status-quo re. Apple ID, itunes account, one Kindle account, pass words, and maintain current aol screen-names and email addresses. I'm new to all this 'mobile-device' stuff. TIA Dave
Hi, Dave! Welcome to iPF!

I think everyone has to choose for himself what's best.
Just an overview what possibilities you have:

You can use one Apple ID for both devices. This means you both can use the same apps, listen to the same music, read the same books from iBooks Store, ...
Email addresses are set up on each device individually. The adresses on your device don't have to be installed on her iPad. This also has an influence on her contacts. They will be taken just from the accounts set up on her device.
Also, passwords are set up on each device alone in it's settings.

Second option: use one Apple ID, but different iCloud accounts. If you backup to iCloud, you get 5 GB for free. Using two accounts means 5 GB for you, and the same amount for her. You still can use the same apps, music, books, movies, ...

Third possibility: set up a different Apple ID for her. This means your devices have nothing in common. When she needs an app you already have, she has to pay for it, if it's not free.

It doesn't depend on what option you choose (Apple ID) for Kindle. Download the app to her iPad and register with your common account. She should be able to download the books to her device as well.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts