What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad air boot up to blank screen

Corvette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently a lot of owners including myself are experiencing a blank screen when the ipad is booted up. The Apple logo appears for about 20 seconds and then the home screen comes on for a split second and then goes blank giving you no time to drag the slide to unlock feature. Does anyone know if and when this is going to be fixed with an update?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apparently a lot of owners including myself are experiencing a blank screen when the ipad is booted up. The Apple logo appears for about 20 seconds and then the home screen comes on for a split second and then goes blank giving you no time to drag the slide to unlock feature. Does anyone know if and when this is going to be fixed with an update?

Pretty sure this is a known issue and I suspect it will get taken care of in the soon to be released iOS 7.1 update. Hang in there.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you contacted Apple Support or been able to take it to an Apple store? LOL, not a laughing matter but I doubt I would be patient enough for a firmware upgrade and even so, how would one upgrade if you can't open your Air and get to Settings? Just curious.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine has never done this.... I've been using my Air daily since mid December, 2013. We have an Apple store locally. If this was happening to me, I'd take it back for a replacement. I wouldn't be willing to wait for some sort of iOS tweak..

OP
C

Corvette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you contacted Apple Support or been able to take it to an Apple store? LOL, not a laughing matter but I doubt I would be patient enough for a firmware upgrade and even so, how would one upgrade if you can't open your Air and get to Settings? Just curious.

My ipad air actually works fine and I can do everything with it. The problem is when the unit is completely turned off and you press the wake/sleep button at the top to power it up. The apple logo screen appears for about 20 seconds and then the home screen comes on but then quickly disappears after 1 second giving me no time to drag the slider to unlock the ipad. I then have to press the home button to show the "slide to unlock" screen again but this time it stays on for a longer period of time. This can't be normal behaviour.

I have read posts on other forums of people returning their ipad airs for a 2nd or even a 3rd replacement and they all do the same thing. Apparently Apple is aware of this so hopefully it gets fixed.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My ipad air actually works fine and I can do everything with it. The problem is when the unit is completely turned off and you press the wake/sleep button at the top to power it up. The apple logo screen appears for about 20 seconds and then the home screen comes on but then quickly disappears after 1 second giving me no time to drag the slider to unlock the ipad. I then have to press the home button to show the "slide to unlock" screen again but this time it stays on for a longer period of time. This can't be normal behaviour. I have read posts on other forums of people returning their ipad airs for a 2nd or even a 3rd replacement and they all do the same thing. Apparently Apple is aware of this so hopefully it gets fixed.

Mine does the same thing but since I rarely fully shut it off it's not an issue. I just let the magnetic cover put it to sleep and wake it up.

Sent from my iPad Air using iPF

Most reactions