What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Air 4

Docduffey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way I can transfer photos from a Scandisk thumb drive which is usb to my new iPad? Hoping there is some type of adapter.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is there any way I can transfer photos from a Scandisk thumb drive which is usb to my new iPad? Hoping there is some type of adapter.

Hi Docduffey - welcome to the forum! :) I am now using an iPad Pro w/ a USB-C charging/connector port - I believe the iPad Air 4 has the same port - correct? If you want to cable your USB-A thumb drive to the new iPad, then an adapter is needed such as the first pic below or a USB-C hub that can accept a variety of inputs may be a consideration, if compatible (such as the OWC hub in the 2nd pic - I own that hub but have not much tested it w/ my iPad, sorry) - NOW, I'm not recommending these to you but you need to do some research of those options?

NOW, another choice is to consider a 'wireless' transfer of images/files/etc. to your iPad - there are many considerations depending on your setup - e.g. do you have a computer? If so, is it an Apple model? In that case, an easy choice is to put the images on your computer, then simply 'Air Drop' them to the iPad.

So, give us some more information about what you own - there are certainly other choices, but more information from you will help. Dave
Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 8.41.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 8.51.40 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts