What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I charge and record into GarageBand at same time?

Popsone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iPad Air 4 (with usb c port) and use GarageBand a lot using IRig hd2 guitar interface. This eats up power fast. Is there an adapter of other way to charge my iPad simultaneously while using the IRig interface in to GarageBand? Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not being familiar with the iRig, I can't be sure, but probably. There are quite a few hubs that support power passthrough. As long as the hub has more than one USB-C port, it should work. Further research is recommended for choosing a specific device. I don't have enough information to make suggestions.

My own hub does pass through power, but it only has a one USB-C port, so I can't attach another USB-C device and power at the same time. It also gets really warm, so I don't trust it for long use.

Most reactions