What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Air 3.5MM headset jack doesn't work.

Smorton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Ipad air, one of the later models, and the 3.5mm headset jack doesn't work.

Is this an easy repair (if you know).

I live a long way from an Apple store and was hoping to get this done somewhat locally.

Thank you.
SM

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have an Ipad air, one of the later models, and the 3.5mm headset jack doesn't work.

Is this an easy repair (if you know).

I live a long way from an Apple store and was hoping to get this done somewhat locally.

Hi SM - just for starters, check to see that sound is not muted (assume that you've already done that - right?). Then make sure nothing is inside the jack port; also, if you have a can of compressed air, gently blow out the port (careful because the air w/ too much pressure might cause an issue inside the device). Finally, take a look at Apple's Support Article - there you can contact Apple and start a support discussion and ask about pricing if the issue is not resolved w/ the above suggestions. Dave :)

Most reactions