What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad air 2 mirroring

Bob.marion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whilst AirPlay functions on my IPad Air 2 I cannot get the mirroring function. I have tried updating software on both the iPad and the Apple TV but this has not achieved anything. Mirroring works on both my iPhone and my ipad2 so this eliminates the Apple TV. Has anyone had this problem and found a resolution please?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Whilst AirPlay functions on my IPad Air 2 I cannot get the mirroring function. I have tried updating software on both the iPad and the Apple TV but this has not achieved anything. Mirroring works on both my iPhone and my ipad2 so this eliminates the Apple TV. Has anyone had this problem and found a resolution please?

Hello - now, I do not own an Apple TV (use a Roku), so curious if a device needs to be registered, paired, or needs a password entry as suggested in this Apple Support Article; if not, have you 'Reset' your iPad Air 2 and tried again? Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know exactly what your problem is, so here's what helped a few others:
If you can't find the Mirroring button when you tap AirPlay:
image.jpg

scroll down a bit, it's hidden below:
image.jpg

OP
B

Bob.marion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know exactly what your problem is, so here's what helped a few others:
If you can't find the Mirroring button when you tap AirPlay:
View attachment 62823
scroll down a bit, it's hidden below:
View attachment 62824
Absolutely brilliant. Thank you so much, I feel so stupid but what a pity the Apple support site does not point this out. Thanks once again.

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the same issue., can mirror with the iPhone but cannot get either ipad 2 or iPad mini to mirror, can see Apple tv but when you tap it nothing happens... Yet on the phone tap on it and the mirror comes up to turn on

Most reactions

Latest posts