What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 7

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is not a review just what I don't like about the iPad 7.
I should have kept my iPad 4 the first ipad 7 did not charge so apple gave me a new one
Now what I don't like is on the right side of the screen there is something that if you touch it it will scroll the page up I keep touching it a accdently and loose what I was looking at very annoying, the key board has letters and numbers on the same key if you don't hit it right you get a number instead of a letter like "h3llo" very annoying. The page will only swipe half way across at times there are many other quirks I just don't want to write a book here.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can’t reproduce your first issue. I can, at most, scroll a quarter screen by double tapping on the right edge of the screen in Safari. Only on my iPad Mini. The Pro only scrolls with swipes as usual. If it’s some other app, let me know. I’d like to check it out.

For the second, you can go to Settings > General > Keyboard and turn off Enable Key Flicks. Personally I find this featrure very helpful, and have never activated it by mistake; but to each their own.

By half way swipe, I’m guessing you’re talking about the home-screen getting stuck. I’ve seen this once or twice. It usually goes away itself after rotating the screen, but when weird stuff starts happening, a restart is not out of order. I have not read or heard of it being a common annoyance, but I read less about the iPad than I used to.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you’re scrolling by swiping up or down on a page you’ll notice a scrolling indicator on the right side of the page. If you place your thumb directly on it it will thicken and if you then slide your thumb up and down the side of the page you’ll get the fast scrolling action the OP mentioned. Here’s a screenshot showing the thickened scrolling indicator.
The screenshot is from my iPhone XS but the feature works the same way on the iPad.
74D6E195-0A30-44AE-9A57-075CC2493A9E.png

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you’re scrolling by swiping up or down on a page you’ll notice a scrolling indicator on the right side of the page. If you place your thumb directly on it it will thicken and if you then slide your thumb up and down the side of the page you’ll get the fast scrolling action the OP mentioned. Here’s a screenshot showing the thickened scrolling indicator.
The screenshot is from my iPhone XS but the feature works the same way on the iPad.
View attachment 90224

Yep. I saw that, but it does not move if you just touch or tap it. You have to slide your finger up/down to scroll.

The only other thing I can think of is on this site alone. Once you scroll down a bit, a little arrow icon will appear on the page that returns you to the top. It’s a feature of the site, not Safari. Also, it only appears on the newer (blue) version of the site. I still use the older (purple) UI for the iPad Forum, and it doesn’t appear there.

The below screen shot is from the Apple Watch forum, where I use the newer UI.

125AA7B0-2926-4CDE-AEDD-0583E52AA456.jpeg

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why does this site always have not secure at the top ?

Most reactions

Latest posts