What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 4 wifi problem

deepansh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys,
I am having a wifi problem with my ipad 4 . I mean when ever I switch it off it does not auto connect to my wifi...!
Any ides why so??

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. I should automatically find that WiFi signal when you turn it back on. So, a few suggestions:

Have you tried to reboot the WiFi router? Sometimes it needs a reset.

Or, have you tried to restart or reset the iPad? Oftentimes, one of those two helps the iPad start acting as it should. To do (apologies if you know):

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (on some iOS versions, the "slide to power off" button will appear; just ignore it). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Hopefully, one of those ideas will help. If not, come on back and we'll try something else. Good luck.

Marilyn

P.S. I deleted your other thread you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding

OP
deepansh

deepansh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dude thnks for ur advice !
I tried restarting my ipad but didn't try rebooting my wifi router...will try n let u know ........

OP
deepansh

deepansh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey i tried ur suggestions but without any success....!!
Can u plz,suggest me ne thing else..

BamaFan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having this problem too. I have tried all of the suggestions that I've read about, but no joy.

Why is Apple being unresponsive on this issue? I know, because they can. Is there a real software fix in the pipeline?

Most reactions

Latest posts