What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4 Ripoff from Retailers - New Members/Buyers Please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK, I thought it's about time to post a separate thread on this............
Apple has made a complete mess of the iPad naming, at least for the last two releases (what we call iPad 3 & iPad 4).

Yesterday I saw what totally pissed me off and is ultimately making Apple look bad.........
QVC.......Home shopping network had an Apple hour and sold iPads during the whole hour.

They were selling what is clearly the iPad 3 and touting it as the "New iPad"
During the whole hour they made absolutely no mention of the recently released iPad 4 and continued to make off this is the latest and greatest from Apple.
Even customers that called in were clueless and thought they were getting the most recent product or didn't even know there was one.

Get this..........QVC has the gull to not even discount this version but to sell it at a premium!
Example..........$1019.00 for the iPad 3 32GB WIFI version! (They throw in a few gadgets like headset, stylus, and connectors to make it look better..........probably about $25 worth of junk).
Here is the online example of what they are selling/deceiving customers....
Apple New iPad 32GB WiFi with Accessory Kit
(32GB iPad 4 WiFi is selling for $599.00 direct from Apple!)

Is it illegal.......no, I'm sure it's not.
But, IMHO it's not ethical and downright deceitful.

Places like Amazon and many others online are doing the same thing...........
Apple wake up and see what you doing to unknowing customers by not naming your devices and making a definite distinction between models!
It's making you look very bad IMHO.....and ultimately pissing off customers once they find out the truth behind their purchase.

I hope all new potential purchasers and new members see this thread so they don't get screwed like so many others are.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do not disagree! Apple really messed up with the naming. I find it hard to excuse that.

Just as is typical, let the buyer beware. People will rip you off if/when they get a chance. It's all about making a fast easy buck these days. (OK: I guess we have to allow for the possibility that even the QVC people might not know of the difference, but I'm sure the Amazon.com people do.)

Twism86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gardenstatetrout.com
Yes apple should have just keot going with the names 2,3,4..... or add a "S" like they do with the phones.

However, buyers should be cautions and research what they are getting. That's their responsibility.

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I dunno what apple is thinking with naming the iPads what they have recently. I'm confused and I know the difference.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple dropped the numeric designation of the iPad back when the third generation came out. They never called it anything other than 'new" to differentiate it from the iPad2. Now, they just have iPads...

It's the pundits and others who call it the iPad 3 or the iPad 4. I do it myself. :) But, again, that's not on Apple.

This thread is more about QVC putting together a package to entice buyers. There is nothing we can do about it here - and the old adage always applies: "buyer beware."

As there is nothing we can do here except start another thread to talk about the naming confusion of the iPad - this thread is closed. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts