What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had to go to a parent teacher conference but I'm back now. Latest update is: On FedEx vehicle for delivery! I have the pre-sign form taped to the door just in case. I'm sitting at my computer, double espresso in hand, staring at the security cameras for any sign of a white truck. I can't beleive this day is finally here!

Man that sounds just like me, except I have a mug of Coffee and Chicory in hand. Have 2 robotic security cameras in front of house and one pointing down the street and the other pointing down walkway to street. Had to drop off wife at school (she is a teacher) because my vehicle is in shop. I have the pre-sign forms on the door, just in case. Can't wait to see that big white truck pull up.

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a related note, what is the procedure for setting up a 3G account and getting the SIM?

I have neither an iPhone nor an AT&T account.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is: "On FedEx vehicle for delivery"

Does that mean that the truck is being driven around, or does it mean that it's just sitting on the truck at the FedEx office:confused:

At about 7:30 this morning it was still at the FedEx office and not on the truck. I called and asked if I could just pick it up there, and the guy said that they had to make a least one try to deliver it. The shipping company paid extra. What's up with that? :mad:

Anyway, I put a not on the door that says Federal Express Delivery, please read note below. Below that sign is my pre-sign. I have also told my dog to bark when the FedEx guy comes, but he's sleeping on the couch :(

Over kill perhaps?

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a related note, what is the procedure for setting up a 3G account and getting the SIM?

You are supposed to be able to sign up on the iPad.

Latest news "On FedEx vehicle for delivery"

YankeeGal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
now that we are almost home??? when do we start the count down to the iPhone HD/4.0??

hahaha!!! I said the same thing to someone last night... Can we make a sub-forum here for that?? I've got the "old" iPhone 3G so want the new hardware! (sorry for the thread hijack--just a diversion while we wait...)

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm assuming that the SIM comes with the iPad?

10:14 AM now - Should be here by 3:00 PM, so only 4 Hours, 46 Minutes to go!

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just picked up me 3g from Fed Ex. Wahoo!!

Lucky you! Did you have your purple and gold on when you picked it up? I will be waiting for the white truck and it is windy and looks like rain. Hope the rain holds off are it may delay delivery.

alwayslearning

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its in town, just got wait for them to travel the 1 mile to me:D

I'm out of town :(, had to text my daughter to make sure she put my pre-sign release form on the porch, going to get home later today, had to cut the trip short to be with my iPad;)

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score

At the main page of forum (iPad Forum) there is a nice article under AT&T header. And yes the sim comes installed in iPad and you get a tool to take it out if you ever have the need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts