What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainsax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 64G-Wifi/3G is in Indianapolis. Less than 5 miles away at the FedEx distribution center. If I didn't know they were closed, I'd drive over and ask to pick it up. I think I should have it by noon.

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 64G-Wifi/3G is in Indianapolis. Less than 5 miles away at the FedEx distribution center. If I didn't know they were closed, I'd drive over and ask to pick it up. I think I should have it by noon.
Another IndyNOplace resident. Yay, I am not alone!

Edit: Post 100. Celebrates with a little dance.

iKimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my shipping notice from Apple at 11:04. Woot Woot. :D:D:D

Tracking shows...Picked up from Middletown, PA at 12:35 then at 4:35 FedEx says it left Middletown... that is my latest update at this point.

I am in MI (suburb of Detroit) and it does say it will be here by 3pm. Just hoping I get an early drop off! ;)

I am truly excited for tomorrow and so glad to have the weekend to get to know my iPad!!! :p It really does feel like Xmas Eve and I feel like a kid all over again!

I wonder who will be first to get theirs? Can't wait to see tomorrow as we all check in from our iPads!! :)

socalpimp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just called FedEx to see if I could pick it up and he gave me this spiel about having to attempt one delivery and then I could arrange a pick up. I told him no thank you, that I would be sitting on the porch (prob. in my PJs). He then said that he had received at least 5 or 6 similar calls, and that this must be a very special "computer." I imformed him that this was an IPAD, and do you know that he did not know what an IPAD was? He said that he was going home a Google it. Unbelieveable!!! He must live under a rock. I started to tell him to not let anything happen to it between the truck and my house!!!

This is borderline sickness!!! You need to put this in perspective. Its an object that will be obsolete in less than a year. Everyone needs to remain calm.

Mike96734

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I am a "freaking windows user" and in fact have been for 20+ years, oh and also a Windows Mobile User (HTC fan as well).
What is really funny is that the iPad will actually be my first ever Apple Product as I am completely happy with my PC Laptops and my HTC Mobile Devices, but I find the iPad a most exciting product.
I have complete respect for the posters on the site, in fact one of the purposes of this forum is to ask and receive advice. There is no real place for people to be flamed - especially for no apparent reason, and please be aware that "freaking windows" users are here too...
Have a nice day!
askbaby

Askbaby: I totally agree. I have been a PC user for almost 30 years. Before I heard of Apple. Don't put me down because of it. I am not sure who has the inferiority complex here, but get over it! It is rude, insensitive, and ignorant!
Wow, really? A pc user for almost 30 years? You must be a programer then! Hi, fellow programmer. I've been a programmer for almost 26 years and as you know, pc's only JUST started gaining popularity about 24 years ago. So you know EBCIDIC or maybe Fortran? How did your career progress? Seemes like you must have had a similar progression to my career. I'm interested to hear the details!

I had my commodore 64 in 82 i think (showing my age), even splurged for the tape deck back-up! Was all fine until my dad dropped the tape in his deck and BEEEEEP, BOOOOOP, BEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEP BOOOOOP....

Last edited:

ipadgypsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in Virginia - iPad is in New Jersey....it's time to think about a name for 'my precious...' - I am SO excited! Our Fedex usually delivers around 4pm - we are in the country.

Who can give us an idea of how long set up might take? I plan to leave town tomorrow evening and want to set everything up before I go......any thoughts on this? I do have a bunch of apps ready, could skip copying the movies and music, but would like to download some books through my Kindle app. Thanks!

oooooo hasn't this been fun!!
IPadGypsy

mustangSally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Askbaby: I totally agree. I have been a PC user for almost 30 years. Before I heard of Apple. Don't put me down because of it. I am not sure who has the inferiority complex here, but get over it! It is rude, insensitive, and ignorant!
Wow, really? A pc user for almost 30 years? You must be a programer then! Hi, fellow programmer. I've been a programmer for almost 26 years and as you know, pc's only JUST started gaining popularity about 24 years ago. So you know EBCIDIC or maybe Fortran? How did your career progress? Seemes like you must have had a similar progression to my career. I'm interested to hear the details!

I had my commodore 64 in 82 i think (showing my age), even splurged for the tape deck back-up! Was all fine until my dad dropped the tape in his deck and BEEEEEP, BOOOOOP, BEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEP BOOOOOP....
Yes, definlitely showing age there. I won't dwell on it. I'm showing a little age myself. PC's though... We really need to start thinking about windows for work groups right? I mean, that was the first real predecesor or what the general populous thinks when the think about the first "PC".

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As a matter fact I did take COBAL in 1979, I did not take Fortran. I was also trained as a computer operator when the IBM 360 was coming into play. I helped to set up whole computer rooms before the personal computers were just starting. Anything else?? :p

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea I got a recorded message regarding the delivery. Must be a big deal for fedex!

What did the recorded message from FedEx say?

It said there was a delivery scheduled for tomorrow and repeated the tracking number. It said the delivery required a signature but a signed request could be left for the driver to leave the package.

mustangSally

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Err, EBCDIC. Careful who you want to bust chops with around here. Some of us have paper cuts from paper tape ;) :D
NOT busting chops with the real deal at ALL. I JUST escaped going through school with a WHOLE bunch of paper cuts! My 2nd offer was a DOS shop on cards.... Nostalgia is a wonderful thing. Age sucks.....

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Commodore 64 was my first computer too! Used to live buying the computer magazines with the programs in them, entering all the data, getting them to run!! Had dozens of cassette tapes filled with programs.

But through all the years and dozens of computers, I don't recall ever feeling this excited about getting a new one! My kids think their mom is nuts, and are as eager as I am for me to get it just so I'll stop talking about it!

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As a matter fact I did take COBAL in 1979, I did not take Fortran. I was also trained as a computer operator when the IBM 360 was coming into play. I helped to set up whole computer rooms before the personal computers were just starting. Anything else?? :p

I forgot the rest of your question. No, I did not become a programmer. As you probably know, women were not too welcomed in the computer operations field. I did not want to become a programmer. I eventually changed my field into Social Work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts