What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gillette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alas, no FedEx phone call for me, but I did just get a heart-stopping "Action Required" email from apple.com...anyone else???

"Thank you for your recent purchase of the magical and revolutionary
Apple iPad.

We would like to advise you that your order is due to deliver on
time. You will receive a separate shipment confirmation email
today with tracking information for your order.

In the event that you will not be available to accept delivery, it
may be more convenient to use our pre-sign delivery option by
visiting www.apple.com/orderstatus".

Freaked me out because this was sent more than 12 hours after my shipping notification...sheesh...I'm not going to be 100% at peace until this "magical" and "revolutionary" device is safely in my hands.

I just received the same e-mail..still waiting for tracking information.:(

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, maybe real? No phone call here, at least yet. I have had UPS do that but never FedEx and I get quite a few signature packages from both. If real, this must be some kind of special Apple/iPad FedEx deal....

Tigara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update on my iPad heading toward Panama City Beach. Left FedEx origin facility in Mount Juliet, Tn at 4:44PM. Estimated delivery April 30 by 4:30PM. My poor little camera connector is in Anchorage, AK.;)

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is going to be funny to be reading this forum on our 3G iPads tomorrow and seeing our signatures showing 1 day until it ships...

-Greg

Orcapal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aside from the FedEx tracking site saying my iPad has been picked up in Rancho Cordova this AM. . . nothing.

davere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aside from the FedEx tracking site saying my iPad has been picked up in Rancho Cordova this AM. . . nothing.

Mine is shipping out of TN and my tracking doesn't show anything after "pick up" either. I'm not TOO concerned yet. Orlando is just one flight away from Nashville, plus the tracking didn't show it was picked up in the morning until early afternoon, so there's a chance mine is already on the way here or will be soon. I'm guessing that your situation is similar to mine.

chiffchaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine started out from Rancho Cordova and is now in Elk Grove, CA. Considering I'm in Utah, I doubt I'll be lucky enough to get it in the morning. Might as well go to work tomorrow. :(

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just called my assistant and told her that I will not be in.

Heck, she's been in training 90 days so it is time for a test!
Feet to the fire, so to speak... ;)

I told her to call me on my phone (iPhone) if any problems.
I am 12 minutes away. I am such a softie, I know. :eek:

Nel727

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got two shipping notices today (I have more than 1 pre-ordered). Will have them by 4:30 pm tomorrow!:) Someone WILL be home at all times. Failure is not an option!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife answered the phone this evening. I saw writing info down, but not speaking. After hanging up, she was like the chesire cat. She was telling me all about the delivery being tomorrow and the tracking number, etc. Burst her bubble when I told her I had already made arrangements to pick it up early.

mustangSally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, really? A pc user for almost 30 years? You must be a programer then! Hi, fellow programmer. I've been a programmer for almost 26 years and as you know, pc's only JUST started gaining popularity about 24 years ago. So you know EBCIDIC or maybe Fortran? How did your career progress? Seemes like you must have had a similar progression to my career. I'm interested to hear the details!

mustangSally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
get a life bro....
you must be a freaking window user....
read!!!!
ipad has one of the most sophisticated screen design.
it does not scratch that easily.
and please do not use a screen protector, but all the screen protector and put it on storm or on junky window pc
yo do not need anything on pad or iphone

Hi there, I am a "freaking windows user" and in fact have been for 20+ years, oh and also a Windows Mobile User (HTC fan as well).
What is really funny is that the iPad will actually be my first ever Apple Product as I am completely happy with my PC Laptops and my HTC Mobile Devices, but I find the iPad a most exciting product.
I have complete respect for the posters on the site, in fact one of the purposes of this forum is to ask and receive advice. There is no real place for people to be flamed - especially for no apparent reason, and please be aware that "freaking windows" users are here too...
Have a nice day!
askbaby

Askbaby: I totally agree. I have been a PC user for almost 30 years. Before I heard of Apple. Don't put me down because of it. I am not sure who has the inferiority complex here, but get over it! It is rude, insensitive, and ignorant!
Wow, really? A pc user for almost 30 years? You must be a programer then! Hi, fellow programmer. I've been a programmer for almost 26 years and as you know, pc's only JUST started gaining popularity about 24 years ago. So you know EBCIDIC or maybe Fortran? How did your career progress? Seemes like you must have had a similar progression to my career. I'm interested to hear the details!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts