What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's not real pattern here. Just received notice on my April, 3rd order, but not on my March 13th order.

The FedEx notice says delivery by 4:30pm

mediapad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may not have anything to do with anything, but I had been checking the LOCAL SCAN TIME on my FedEx shipping notices for other things that had shipped from Apple and I found that if I changed the drop down menu to DESTINATION TIME sometimes it was different, and those things had been shipped from CHINA. On this wonderful shipment notice it stayed the same, so I am assuming my new toy has been sitting somewhere (that is at least in my same time zone) waiting on Apple to give the RELEASE word from "STEVE THE ALMIGHTY APPLE KING"! Just a thought in my attempt to figure out what they were up to.

lawdood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Northern California here and just checked my order status...no shipping notice yet.

FL Wine Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would put a note on the door that 'I am home, do NOT leave without delivery", especially if I was in the shower or something that might not get me to the door in a timely manner... Might work, might not...

It doesn't hurt to try. I've done this and it HAS worked. It was just my luck my dogs had to go outside 1 minute before the truck arrived a few weeks ago. I left a sign on the door with my tracking number, the date and my sig and the driver waited the extra 10 seconds for me to get from my fenced in backyard to the front door (after running through the house like a madwoman, of course!).

I have my wi-fi version and may get the 3G at a later date. Very excited for all of you waiting for your iPads! You will simply LOVE it!!!

paul65k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got the shipping notification from Apple. I was able to print out a pre authorization signature page to leave on the front door tomorrow. I plan to be home but just my luck I'll be on the phone and not hear the bell or step out for just a minute.

I also need to be at the local Apple store to try and buy 2 more for my associates in Ireland who will be in town next week and want to be 2 of the first with the 3G over there........we have a corporate agreement with both AT&T and T-Mobile for wireless so they will be able to register them here in the USA.

Cheers!

iPadawan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too received a shipment notice, but the only activity showing thus far is "Shipment information sent to FedEx" (as of 4:26am). For those of you who are trying to spot a pattern, if any, the package is being shipped via standard overnight to a small town about 350 miles from a major city.

I have given up trying to find a method to this madness!

Femolala

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am now SHIPPED !!!!!!!! Ordered 2 64g arriving at the same time 3pm tomorrow... Katy, TX He shoots he scores all net!!!!! like I said earlier.. Big Steve is working his magic . its all part of the grand design.. hasn’t it occurred to us that its more than a product launch.. its the premier of another phase of life as we haven’t experienced don’t know it ... am shipped am shipped am shipped.. Ok.. that the coffee & red bull, haven’t slept a wink and still have 5 hours here at work.. am shipped am shipped am shipped...

dks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I am sure the 3G's went through alaska on their way to lower 48... now I wait for my ipad's return trip back to alaska from CA or WA or where ever.... still waiting, waiting for email.

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How many of you that have gotten the shipped message live outside of the big cities in the more remote areas? Perhaps FedEx and Apple are getting those out first because of the remoteness of the delivery vs. those of us that live nearer to the hubs where they can be just pulled quickly and put on a truck for tomorrow.

I live in a small town in the boonies (mostly) on the west coast and have seen no ship notice.

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
.... waiting on Apple to give the RELEASE word from "STEVE THE ALMIGHTY APPLE KING"! Just a thought in my attempt to figure out what they were up to.

All Hail the mighty (mighty odd and flaky) Apple King!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions