What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepulse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Frankly, the transition from "Not Yet Shipped" to "Prepared For Shipment" was enough to satisfy me. I don't need to stew over tracking.

I'll see it tomorrow.

That's good enough.

YankeeGal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great....Its 8:00am west coast time and still nothing besides prepared for shipment. When they mean late april...they really mean late april. This is getting to the point where I hardly believe i'll be getting it tommorow. Its too last minute.

That's how I felt when I got up this morning, but I got the "shipped" email at 10:27, and now, an hour and a half later, it's been picked up and on it's way.

Don't give up hope--it's coming!!

Thanks for the positive vibe, Im becoming a conspiracy worry wort like a lot of guys in here.

I hear ya! I was the same until I got the email and saw that status change--totally pessimistic. You know, "what if MY order fell through the cracks?" "What if MY order is delayed because my credit card company messed up?" "What if MY order...?" You get my drift, lol. And by the time 10 am EST rolled around, I had convinced myself I wouldn't get it till Monday.

Can't wait for you to feel the joy of The Status Change! :)

lreyn330

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My is in transit from Pa, I just checked my shipping info. I am in Va. should be delivered tomorrow :D

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im in PA, ordered on 4/3, 64gb, last name begins with an "S", east coast, received ship notice at 8:36am for tomorrow by 4:30 FedEx , shipped from PA.

lreyn330

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shipping

There is a guess on another forum that they are filling the order from the east coast to the west coast. It looks like that may be what is happening.

That seems to be consistent with what I saw during the last "great wait" (i.e., moving from "Not Yet Shipped" to "Prepared for Shipment", which is where I still sit (AZ)

Here I sit waiting
While others see theirs ship now
Life is just not fair

(Haiku)

Love the haiku, lol!

If the iPads are 'stationed" all over the country waiting to be shipped, why fill orders from east coast to west coast? I mean, it's possible, I just don't understand the logic.

Mine shipped from Middletown, Pa. if that is helpful to anyone.

Maybe it has something to do with the time difference as to why they would ship from east to west coast. I am in Va and my shipping, I just checked says it is in route for Pa. Lin

Fisherman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How many of you that have gotten the shipped message live outside of the big cities in the more remote areas? Perhaps FedEx and Apple are getting those out first because of the remoteness of the delivery vs. those of us that live nearer to the hubs where they can be just pulled quickly and put on a truck for tomorrow. I am certain that we will get them tomorrow because I think they are already staged around the country by some geographical system FedEx and Apple came up with.

I have a bigger concern in my area the FedEx drivers act like they are in a huge hurry and do not want to even wait for you to get to the door. For example yesterday my camera kit arrived and even though I was expecting it the driver had the tag on my door and was already walking away before I could get the door open and I was in the next room. With Murphy hanging around you can bet that at the exact time I can't wait any longer and decide I have to go to the bathroom is when they will show and I will get that dreaded sticker on my door. Guess I'll do the pre-sign sheet and put it on the door only if I need to. I really want to sign for it and have it in my hands. I live in a quiet neighborhood with a low crime rate but even still I do not want something that valueable left on the front porch.

askbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.usaconnectors.com
San Diego, 8:35am... nothing yet. It's my own fault for living on the West Coast I guess, beautiful weather, gorgeous climate... bla bla bla... I'd give it all up for a Shipment Notification right now (LOL)... checking... nah... still nothing.

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!

One minute, nothing. I turned my head and there is was!!! Picked Up from Middletown, PA

To arrive BY 3:00 p.m. on April 30th. I was so excited that I hollered, then I could not breath, then my fingers would not work to check the tracking button.

At least I ate something. Still in my PJs! TMI (Too much information) Ha Ha Ha Ha

YankeeGal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How many of you that have gotten the shipped message live outside of the big cities in the more remote areas? Perhaps FedEx and Apple are getting those out first because of the remoteness of the delivery vs. those of us that live nearer to the hubs where they can be just pulled quickly and put on a truck for tomorrow. I am certain that we will get them tomorrow because I think they are already staged around the country by some geographical system FedEx and Apple came up with.

I have a bigger concern in my area the FedEx drivers act like they are in a huge hurry and do not want to even wait for you to get to the door. For example yesterday my camera kit arrived and even though I was expecting it the driver had the tag on my door and was already walking away before I could get the door open and I was in the next room. With Murphy hanging around you can bet that at the exact time I can't wait any longer and decide I have to go to the bathroom is when they will show and I will get that dreaded sticker on my door. Guess I'll do the pre-sign sheet and put it on the door only if I need to. I really want to sign for it and have it in my hands. I live in a quiet neighborhood with a low crime rate but even still I do not want something that valueable left on the front porch.
I don't live in a big city, but I'm not in a small town either. Helpful, right? lol

Anyway, I'm with you on the FedEx thing... I don't have the option to pre-sign for it, because it was ordered for me as a gift and the person who ordered it didn't set up an account. I don't even have the link to pre-sign for it. I work from home, but like you said, what if I'm in the shower or the bathroom at the exact moment it's being delivered? Or if I am on the 2nd floor and the FedEx guy decides to deliver it to my BACK door which is basically 2 floors down by the garage (I live in a townhouse)? I'll never make it in time.

Maybe I'll call Apple and see if they can email me a 'pre-sign" form?

icepulse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
San Diego, 8:35am... nothing yet. It's my own fault for living on the West Coast I guess, beautiful weather, gorgeous climate... bla bla bla... I'd give it all up for a Shipment Notification right now (LOL)... checking... nah... still nothing.

Don't worry. I'm in NY, and I'm still "Prepared". :D

Madjojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would put a note on the door that 'I am home, do NOT leave without delivery", especially if I was in the shower or something that might not get me to the door in a timely manner... Might work, might not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts