What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK. I am tired of going to the Apple page, to my cc, and back to this forum. My grandmother used to tell me that a watched pot never boils.

I am going to get out my PJs and hope that when I am clean and come back to this dag gone computer, that it will have an email or something from Apple.

Signed: Going Crazy!!!!!

betzee_p

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a guess on another forum that they are filling the order from the east coast to the west coast. It looks like that may be what is happening.

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anybody tell if there is any pattern to the ship order?

From other posts we already know it is not order date or alphabetical.

Hard to believe it is just random, that would seem to be an added step. Maybe by price?

Last edited:

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a guess on another forum that they are filling the order from the east coast to the west coast. It looks like that may be what is happening.

OTOH, there was a post here from someone who ordered two and has received notice on one but not the other.

It would make some sense based on time differences, however.

Any west coasters here get notice yet? That would falsify the theory.

A Theory:

If these are indeed staged at FedEx regional centers, then they would be "stacked" in no particular order. Since east coast facilities open earlier, they would start processing earlier but within those centers, the processing would be effectively random. So in that way it would be both geographical and random. Also in that case, FedEx would electronically notify Apple on a given package, who would then email the customer.

Does anyone know the workings of this sort of mass shipping well enough to comment on this?

Last edited:

lobywan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That seems to be consistent with what I saw during the last "great wait" (i.e., moving from "Not Yet Shipped" to "Prepared for Shipment", which is where I still sit (AZ)

Here I sit waiting
While others see theirs ship now
Life is just not fair

(Haiku)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More than likely, they broke the orders into batches and it all depends on who is doing what batch. Something this big is not going to be done with just the usual staff.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

OTOH, there was a post here from someone who ordered two and has received notice on one but not the other.

It would make some sense based on time differences, however.

Any west coasters here get notice yet? That would falsify the theory.

I got my shipping email at 8:09am EDT and I'm in Miami. Original order was placed on 3/23 @ 9:41am EDT. I guess they are going east to west. BTW I already printed and filled out my pre-sign form. Its going on the door at 7am tomorrow. I'm not taking any chances!

YankeeGal

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That seems to be consistent with what I saw during the last "great wait" (i.e., moving from "Not Yet Shipped" to "Prepared for Shipment", which is where I still sit (AZ)

Here I sit waiting
While others see theirs ship now
Life is just not fair

(Haiku)

Love the haiku, lol!

If the iPads are 'stationed" all over the country waiting to be shipped, why fill orders from east coast to west coast? I mean, it's possible, I just don't understand the logic.

Mine shipped from Middletown, Pa. if that is helpful to anyone.

socalpimp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great....Its 8:00am west coast time and still nothing besides prepared for shipment. When they mean late april...they really mean late april. This is getting to the point where I hardly believe i'll be getting it tommorow. Its too last minute.

kmbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I called on 4/27, CS said my order would ship overnight on 4/29 from Elk Grove, CA. I'm in L.A. No shipment notification, nor charge on amx yet.

Where are you all seeing prepared for shipping? On Apple order status?

Last edited:

YankeeGal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great....Its 8:00am west coast time and still nothing besides prepared for shipment. When they mean late april...they really mean late april. This is getting to the point where I hardly believe i'll be getting it tommorow. Its too last minute.

That's how I felt when I got up this morning, but I got the "shipped" email at 10:27, and now, an hour and a half later, it's been picked up and on it's way.

Don't give up hope--it's coming!!

socalpimp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's how I felt when I got up this morning, but I got the "shipped" email at 10:27, and now, an hour and a half later, it's been picked up and on it's way.

Don't give up hope--it's coming!!

Thanks for the positive vibe, Im becoming a conspiracy worry wort like a lot of guys in here.

ladydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered 3-12 at 6:58 am and live on the West Coast. My last name begins with a 'B'. My status is still PFS. Shipping is obviously not by order date or alphabetical. It seems to be a combination of factors. A new mystery game to occupy our last full day waiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions