What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Priority in Applespeak may mean something different from FedEx speak. If anyone out there is worried this won't go down - don't worry - it will. Apple has a great track record and is rated #1 in customer service, repair facilities and quality of hardware - they're not going to blow it.

I am not really worried at all, I am pretty sure we will have them Friday. However, I think that I can speak for most of the others when I say that we would all like to see those packages moving!

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it wasn't overnite shipping we would have seen them ship by now. These are going out tomorrow for Friday delivery. That is one day service. Apple really likes launches so they want everyone to get them at the same time.

If I were a stockholder (sadly, not), I would be pissed unless they are getting a special deal from FedEx that costs the same or less than 2-day. Both 2-day and next day would insure delivery on Friday and next day just pisses away funds.

Unless they just are not available, which no-one thinks is the case.

Well I am a stockholder and I couldn't be happier. With all the gains I've enjoyed over the years all these toys end up being free! Trust me, no stockholder is complaining.

Celeste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine on April 18th at 2:27 p.m.. I received the email on the 19th that everyone else did that said, "We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late
April as communicated at the time you placed your order. You will
receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped."

It is still showing it as "Not Yet Shipped". It hasn't moved to PFS... should I be concerned or will I still receive it on Friday?

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine on April 18th at 2:27 p.m.. I received the email on the 19th that everyone else did that said, "We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late
receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped."

It is still showing it as "Not Yet Shipped". It hasn't moved to PFS... should I be concerned or will I still receive it on Friday?

I wouldn't be - you do have the e-mail that says you'll get yours on April 30th, right? You're just standing last in line - so this might not be unexpected.

If you are worried - call Apple. Tell them you have 2 friends who have already, etc.... you know - and that you just want to make sure of your orders 'status'.

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trust me, no stockholder is complaining.

Only because the value is up, which is great but does not necessarily mean that all their decisions are optimal. It is clear that Apple has made it's share of mistakes (such as going with AT&T), just not killer mistakes.

Celeste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My email doesn't say it will deliver by April 30th, just ship by late April:

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order of the magical and revolutionary
iPad 3G.

We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late
receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped.

You can get up-to-date information about your order, including
shipping status and tracking number, at Apple Order Status

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Sincerely,
The Apple Store Team

lobywan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it wasn't overnite shipping we would have seen them ship by now. These are going out tomorrow for Friday delivery. That is one day service. Apple really likes launches so they want everyone to get them at the same time.

If I were a stockholder (sadly, not), I would be pissed unless they are getting a special deal from FedEx that costs the same or less than 2-day. Both 2-day and next day would insure delivery on Friday and next day just pisses away funds.

Unless they just are not available, which no-one thinks is the case.

They are probably using FedEx "Supply chain management" to pre-stage them at various locations and, yes, giving them a killer price (but still making gobs of money)

Droid Washington

iPF Noob
Reaction score

iPad 3G.

Sincerely,
The Apple Store Team

Well, considering April 30 is the last day in April, things are looking good for you for the 30th.

lobywan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

iPad 3G.

Sincerely,
The Apple Store Team

Yup, that is the exact email all of us got -- so you should be fine

iPadawan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

When I first ordered I had it shipping standard ground for free shipping. Then I decided I wanted it as soon as available. I called the apple store and they said they would upgrade shipping to next day for free. Now I see why.:D

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I've been waiting so long I can't even view the situation objectively anymore! I think you're on to something, cctiger...when I called Sales Support just before the WiFi was released the rep upgraded my shipping & threw in the camera connection kit for free. I thought it was because (as we discovered during the course of our conversation) we go for the same college football team...how silly of me! :eek:

Celeste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I was a little concerned because the email just said that it would ship in late April, but not that it will be delivered in late April. I'm glad it's the same email everyone else got!

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did anyone ever answer whether the screen cover (whatever it is called) actually protects the screen and whether it will reduce the touch to the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts