What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPadawan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, is there any general consensus about when our status might change from "prepared" to "shipped"? Might they go out late tonight? Tomorrow morning? Afternoon? Evening? When my karma is back in the black?

My accessories came separately, and none of them were in "Prepared for Shipment" status for much longer than 24 hours before shipping out around 10 or 11pm, from China. I got the much-awaited PFS update approx 20-23 hrs ago. (I can't remember the exact time...I may have passed out from the combination of relief, exhaustion, and joy.)

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tomorrow afternoon/evening... these things will start shipping. It's gonna be fun!

Get food and drink and be prepared to be tied to your computer for 24 hours. :D

Congratulations "Late April Gang." We are the first to have unlimited, all access 3G... the way it should be.

Last edited:

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
500x_ipad-3g.jpg

Hells Yeah!!! Hells Yeah!!! Now I can go take a shower instead of hitting refresh every 5 minutes.

Fedex GROUND..... Hmmm. So much for Priority.

Location may clearly play a part in the preparation game.

Congratulations!!! Hopefully we'll be right behind you!!!

SocialPimp:

That is not at all funny! I am trying to find a way to say "go screw something!"

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, is there any general consensus about when our status might change from "prepared" to "shipped"? Might they go out late tonight? Tomorrow morning? Afternoon? Evening? When my karma is back in the black?

My accessories came separately, and none of them were in "Prepared for Shipment" status for much longer than 24 hours before shipping out around 10 or 11pm, from China. I got the much-awaited PFS update approx 20-23 hrs ago. (I can't remember the exact time...I may have passed out from the combination of relief, exhaustion, and joy.)

If I had to make an assumption that would be that Apple would release the units tonight to FedEx and we would begin to see tracking info, at least the 'picked up' piece by mid-morning.

latinnftl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fedex GROUND..... Hmmm. So much for Priority.

Location may clearly play a part in the preparation game.

SocialPimp:

That is not at all funny! I am trying to find a way to say "go screw something!"

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that this screen shot at one time is saying contradictory things? It says "shipped" and then you look further down and it says "Ships: Late April". All of my orders lost the "Ships" date once there was a shipping indicated on the top line. Also, at least on all of the other items on my iPad order the shipping says FEDERAL EXPRESS it does not indicate the type of shipping. In fact, I checked my previous orders and my iPhone 3GS which was shipped priority the day it was released also says Federal Express. It does not say FedEx Ground. Lastly, I'm a little unnerved by the fact that no other folks have come forward in the thread to report shipment.

icepulse

iPF Noob
Reaction score

SocialPimp:

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that this screen shot at one time is saying contradictory things? It says "shipped" and then you look further down and it says "Ships: Late April". All of my orders lost the "Ships" date once there was a shipping indicated on the top line. Also, at least on all of the other items on my iPad order the shipping says FEDERAL EXPRESS it does not indicate the type of shipping. In fact, I checked my previous orders and my iPhone 3GS which was shipped priority the day it was released also says Federal Express. It does not say FedEx Ground. Lastly, I'm a little unnerved by the fact that no other folks have come forward in the thread to report shipment.

Ummm... This was debunked about 4 times already. We know it's a hoax.

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had to make an assumption that would be that Apple would release the units tonight to FedEx and we would begin to see tracking info, at least the 'picked up' piece by mid-morning.

Agreed, I would assume the only reason Apple is using priority is to insure delivery of all the units on the same day. OK, this is kinda dumb - but that is Apple for you. Ground or slower methods would mean everyone getting theirs at different times which, for reasons known only to Jobs and God (redundant?), Apple does not want.

Given that, I cannot see why Apple would go next day as that is more expensive and is not any better as far as insuring delivery on Friday.

So that means we should see shipping tonight....

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it wasn't overnite shipping we would have seen them ship by now. These are going out tomorrow for Friday delivery. That is one day service. Apple really likes launches so they want everyone to get them at the same time.

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it wasn't overnite shipping we would have seen them ship by now. These are going out tomorrow for Friday delivery. That is one day service. Apple really likes launches so they want everyone to get them at the same time.

If I were a stockholder (sadly, not), I would be pissed unless they are getting a special deal from FedEx that costs the same or less than 2-day. Both 2-day and next day would insure delivery on Friday and next day just pisses away funds.

Unless they just are not available, which no-one thinks is the case.

cctiger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Next day air

When I first ordered I had it shipping standard ground for free shipping. Then I decided I wanted it as soon as available. I called the apple store and they said they would upgrade shipping to next day for free. Now I see why.:D

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, the message traffic on this thread is AMAZING!!!

A BIG THANK YOU to whoever mentioned upgrading iTunes!!!!

I just noticed on the Apple Order Status page that Cancel Items is now gray. Yesterday it was blue. Maybe that means we can't cancel anymore because the process has already started? I know, why would I think about canceling? I'm not, I'm just concerned that I might somehow click the button by accident and not get my iPad on Friday. I know, bad case of OCD LOL!

I just counted the number of apps downloaded so far, and it's 73! All Free. I was reading another thread and someone suggested using the free apps first before buying.

Has anyone looked at the Otterbox cases? I saw one yesterday on an iPhone and it looked cool. They don't have the iPad one yet. Hopefully soon!!

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Priority in Applespeak may mean something different from FedEx speak. When you go to a company like FedEx and want them to satisfy an additional 300K deliveries - and make absolutely sure they get there on the same day - you're probably going to go through a little 'give and take'. I'm sure FedEx wants Apple's business just as much as Apple wants a flawless rollout. It wouldn't be unreasonable for FedEx to ask for units to first be moved to staging areas across the country, and then receive (at least some of them destined to more rural / harder to deliver locations) early.

If anyone out there is worried this won't go down - don't worry - it will. Apple has a great track record and is rated #1 in customer service, repair facilities and quality of hardware - they're not going to blow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts