What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

edge7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question: How many (besides me :eek:) are taking Friday off so they can be home when their iPad arrives?

I'll be off even though I work at home. Just wanted to be sure I didn't get any last minute "emergency" calls to be at a job somewhere. Also, it is Arbor Day, I'll be in the front yard working, and will probably meet the FedEx truck in the street!!!!

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question: How many (besides me :eek:) are taking Friday off so they can be home when their iPad arrives?

I'm retired - do some consulting work and home school my daughter. I've already arranged to send the daughter out of town to a revival and told my clients I'm having knee surgery. In anticipation my wife signed up for triple call at the hospital -- so we (me and my iPad) won't be bothering her over the weekend.

Don't you love it when a plan comes together :D

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am considering taking the day off to wait for the Ipad. It just seems so irresponsible. I also would have to lie to my wife, she would kill me if she knew I took the day to wait for a delivery.

I’m not fooling anyone. I will be online while waiting with my fellow sufferers.

Leave one of those self signie things on the door. Then take a half day off - your delivery will probably not happen until the afternoon anyway. And whatever you do - don't lie! Tell the truth - be proud! Be proud to be a geek! If she ridicules you start laughing like those guys in Animal House! Explain to her how you, and a select group of thousands of geeks across the world will one day, eventually - rule the planet! And if she wants to be Queen to one of the rulers of the world then she needs to get with the program - and quickly - else be left behind!

Show her this website - explain to her that the writing to behold in these various threads come from some of the greatest minds alive! Let her spend time perusing our various philosophies and visions of what life on this planet will be like in the future. Enlighten her - bring her along to where you are. We will gladly accept her into our community with open arms - as long as she is willing to make the effort. Never be ashamed - it is she who should be taking Friday off demanding to know where the hell the order is for HER iPad 3G!

Last edited:

mossman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm taking the day off. But as luck would have it, I had already marked the day as a PTO day, so it's really a nice coincidence that the iPad arrives the same day. Usually in my job, I don't have the opportunity to take days off at will.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting stuff - I have 2 pre-orders for 3G 64GB models -- one placed March 13 the other on April 3rd. Early last week I received the e-mails re the April 30th date and a hold was put on my credit card$$. 4 days ago I get a call from my cards fraud alert verifying the charges - of which I validated.

Today the hold has been removed by my account - but no other status changes. Been on hold with Apple for 30 minutes trying to make sure the order didn't get nuked.

OK - just got off the phone with Apple / here's what they told me. They said that both of my orders are cool - no problems. Since my card has been authorized - as far as Apple is concerned - they have authorization. She then said that both units should ship out tomorrow for delivery on Friday.

I then asked her if they're shipping from China like all of my accessories - and she said 'good question' - did some checking and said that both of my units will be shipping from within the United States - so they may ship as late as Wednesday since they're scheduled to go overnight.

Thought you should know!

icrazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad iPad
--------------
To hold and to love
To touch and to play
It is the wait I loath
It is such a long delay

A slew of apps I will install
A compendium of music I will add
I will dock it in a shrine, hung on the wall
I will let no one touch it, more than a tad
Browsing the web in the stall
This will turn out to be no fad

Yes I want it that bad...

mediapad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know many people have received their camera connection kit already but mine was still on order. I placed my order on the morning of 4/7/10 along with the keyboard dock and the vga adapter and of course the 64g3G. Everything had shipped and arrived but the camera kit and the ipad. Yesterday the camera kit went to "prepared for shipment" and just a few minutes ago it went into the "shipped" category. The details don't list shipment origin location yet, but it does say that it will be delivered on the 28th via FedEx. Only that one all important item left in the "Not Yet Shipped" category. Can't wait for that to change!!!!!!!

jaspertyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also staying home on Friday. I look forward to fun on the forums with the rest of you! :) Of course, I did also invite my mom over to watch Avatar...

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be home on Friday. I'm thinking about sending spotters out around the neighborhood to watch for the FedEx truck and call me when it is nearby.

Nahhh, I'll just be out on the porch waiting.

davere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone. First post on here!

I am taking Friday off so that I can be home to sign for it. I haven't had much luck with the package release waiver from Apple, they have ignored it in the past.

My coworker ordered a WiFi iPad and she is getting hers tomorrow, so she took the day off to wait for it.

We decided that it is departmental policy to automatically grant the day off when you have to wait for an Apple shipment. Our boss did a lot of eye rolling but we got our respective days off anyway.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone. First post on here!

I am taking Friday off so that I can be home to sign for it. I haven't had much luck with the package release waiver from Apple, they have ignored it in the past.

My coworker ordered a WiFi iPad and she is getting hers tomorrow, so she took the day off to wait for it.

We decided that it is departmental policy to automatically grant the day off when you have to wait for an Apple shipment. Our boss did a lot of eye rolling but we got our respective days off anyway.

Welcome to the forum davere. It should be a required holiday to receive an ipad, especially the 3G since we've been waiting so long. Can't wait to send my first post from my 3G!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts