What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple's iPad camera adapter supports USB audio, keyboards

Tipped of by AppleInsider

Early adopters of Apple's Pad's Camera Connection Kit have discovered that the accessory can be used to connect a number of USB devices to the tablet device in addition to cameras.

Electronista provided a roundup of the findings yesterday, first noting that one test by TidBITS discovered that the kit will work with most any USB headphone, headset or microphone. This makes it possible to either listen to music or take a VoIP call through off-the-shelf computer accessories. The call quality via VoIP was reportedly "terrific," making it more appealing to use Skype if you don't have a Bluetooth headsets.

Meanwhile, TUAW found that USB keyboards will work as well, although this was partly expected given the functionality of the official iPad Keyboard Dock. The convenience of the USB keyboard is also reduced as there's no stand when using the adapter.

[Note if you use a bookstand or a magazine stand to hold the iPad this might work. I use wireless keyboards with a fob to feed signal to the computer. It is a simple task to pull that and pop it into something else. I was going to pop for a Apple BT KB but I think I will try this first as it has so many other uses to.]

For its intended role, the adapter imports images to the iPad's Photos app when plugged in. Besides supporting RAW from high-end cameras, iLounge notes that the iPad will import any captured photos at full 2048x1536 resolution, including the EXIF metadata from the original shot.

Video is also supported with tools that let photographers trim videos much as they do with the iPhone 3GS' simple editor. Clips are cut short, however. Any video larger than 640x480 and 5MB will be shrunk in resolution and length to fit the length.

GOOD news!

I started a separate thread for you! :D

Thanks for what you are doing.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:(:(:(:(
So far all i have seen are the form letter that we all received
last week
i have yet to see my c.c. Account clear the charges. :confused::confused::confused:

I think that's where most people are at - but also include that most people have seen the charges on hold or pending with their financial institutions - ie the available balance has been lowered but the $$ hasn't been taken out of the accounts.

My advice - walk away from the computer screen - go take a drive -- and make sure you've caught up on all the ancillary stuff you might want to do. Because come Friday - we're all going to be a tad pre-occupied.

Well said David. I know for sure I will be off the radar for some time. We might want to start a new thread about how many of us are single again about a week after Firday.

Last night my wife looked at me and said "so did you get that iPad today". This is really bad - my first thought was to look around for a stick to hit her with. We're all getting wired too tight.

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My advice - walk away from the computer screen - go take a drive -- and make sure you've caught up on all the ancillary stuff you might want to do. Because come Friday - we're all going to be a tad pre-occupied.

Well said David. I know for sure I will be off the radar for some time. We might want to start a new thread about how many of us are single again about a week after Firday.

Last night my wife looked at me and said "so did you get that iPad today". This is really bad - my first thought was to look around for a stick to hit her with. We're all getting wired too tight.

Tonight my wife and I were watching a show on DVR and an iPad commercial came on. Of course I had to watch it and made tiny whimpering noises... Amazingly, she found that annoying and asked me to fast forward. :p

I told her that I was taking Friday off and she started working on the list of things I should do around the house. I tried to explain the point of taking Friday off and she told me all about how iPads work very well at night. Looks like iPad and I will be doing yard work... :confused:

Anyway, gota hang in there and do what you have to do to work the new magic into the existing magic ;)

-Greg

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tonight my wife and I were watching a show on DVR and an iPad commercial came on. Of course I had to watch it and made tiny whimpering noises... Amazingly, she found that annoying and asked me to fast forward. :p

I told her that I was taking Friday off and she started working on the list of things I should do around the house. I tried to explain the point of taking Friday off and she told me all about how iPads work very well at night. Looks like iPad and I will be doing yard work... :confused:

Anyway, gota hang in there and do what you have to do to work the new magic into the existing magic ;)

-Greg

Sounds to me like you're about to get a minor rotator cuff injury this week - which would preclude you making any major movements with the effected arm. You would also not be able to life objects that are, let's say, ,heavier than 2 lbs.

Last edited:

paul65k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Moderator........:confused:

I thought one of the main covenants of this website is no SPAM.....pardon me but it seems like this thread is laced with SPAM for this app, or that app all available for a fee.

Maybe I'm confused but isn't promotion of 3rd party apps (unsolicited) something that is not tolerated here??

This is great forum and just hoping it stays that way.

Cheers!

Tucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I thought one of the main covenants of this website is no SPAM.....pardon me but it seems like this thread is laced with SPAM for this app, or that app all available for a fee.

Maybe I'm confused but isn't promotion of 3rd party apps (unsolicited) something that is not tolerated here??

Cheers!

all the app adds you are referring to are there to occupy the 3G crowd until we can get out hands on the device

they are being posted because at the time of posting, they had been decreased in price or were temporarily free.

in no way is it SPAM

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Cheers!

I think you will find that most if not all of the apps that you are referring to are free. While it may seem off topic for the thread, one could argue that the point of this thread is to provide support for those that are waiting for 3G to come out and finding and downloading these free apps with the idea of being able to use them on the 30th does kinda fit.

-Greg

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BEATWEEK MAGAZINE: Best iPad apps are the ones that already exist

Remember BeatWeek Magazine. I posted a link to an iPad app built just for BeatWeek last week. Here is their take on iPhone apps verses iPad apps.

Best iPad apps are the ones that already exist

April 24, 2010

041810ipad100.jpg
Here in the first few weeks of the iPad’s existence, there’s been a lot of buzz about the “top iPad apps†or the “best iPad apps†or however you want to phrase it; we’ve even taken that approach ourselves. But with the vast majority of the hundred thousand-plus apps available in the App Store being only optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch and not the iPad thus far, the situation evokes the iconic line “love the one you’re with†from Stephen Stills. Sure, the iPhone-specific apps can run just fine in an iPhone-sized box in the center of the iPad’s screen, or scale up to fill the screen in a slightly blurry manner, but that’s not what the iPad is meant for.
And it’s not just about resolution. The iPad’s ten inch screen allows all kinds of cooler things to be done with iPad-optimized apps than could be accomplished in a three inch environment. So even if you run an iPhone app scaled up on your iPhone, the mentality of the developer of that app was that it was going to be used on a small screen. So here’s my advice: the best iPad apps are the ones that actually exist for the iPad thus far. When choosing graphic intensive and design oriented apps, consider opting for the app that’s iPad optimized over the one that isn’t, even if it means taking a chance on an app whose developer you’re not yet familiar with. Sure, it’s your money – but after all, there’s a reason why you’re using those apps on your iPad and not your iPhone or iPod touch, right?
In any case, here’s a rundown of our best iPad apps so far.

Check out Beatweek Magazine’s 70th issue featuring interviews with Cypress Hill, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Jonny Lang, and Jason Reeves, a two-week review of the iPad, and more: read it now
http://www.beatweek.com/iprong-magazine/beatweekmagazine042010
Subscribe to Beatweek Magazine

Recommenced by 4phun

• Facebook • Twitter

mitch1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with Paul. I'm reading this thread to get info about the status and shipping of the 3G, Not advertising for apps. I think 4phun has highjacked this thread with useless info that belongs under the apps section. Please remove this useless advertising. If I wanted to learn about apps I would read the apps section.
Just my two cents.

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with Paul. I'm reading this thread to get info about the status and shipping of the 3G, Not advertising for apps. I think 4phun has highjacked this thread with useless info that belongs under the apps section. Please remove this useless advertising. If I wanted to learn about apps I would read the apps section.
Just my two cents.

I think 4phun has moved to using a new thread for that stuff:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/2278-app-deals.html#post16093

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts