What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

davere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, we are having a huge thunderstorm here right now and the power has gone out, that includes my Internet. One more reason why waiting for the 3G iPad is a good idea! Browsing with my iPhone is not that great.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, we are having a huge thunderstorm here right now and the power has gone out, that includes my Internet. One more reason why waiting for the 3G iPad is a good idea! Browsing with my iPhone is not that great.

Your getting the nasty weather we had for a couple of days. Shut down the Zurich Golf and the Jazz Fest was a lake on Friday and yesterday it spawned tornados north of here in Mississippi. Spring in your area and mine can be real dangerous. Be safe.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's my exact reason for the 3G! Hurricane season os almost here and when the power goes out the 3G will be my main source of information and entertainment.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's my exact reason for the 3G! Hurricane season os almost here and when the power goes out the 3G will be my main source of information and entertainment.

I am not following this thread any longer but I got an email pointing to your post. We just went through a major tornado outbreak and it reminded me of the validity of your post.

When we have thousands of lighting strikes per hour in an intense storm I have learned to disconnect the desktop computers and virtually all forms of electronics from the power grid. I have had to make substantial claims in the past due to lighting induced damage that ran into the thousands to repair or replace things as diverse as the refrigerator to the garage door opener as well as misc computer equipment.

My policy means even the cable modem and he VOIP OOMA gets turned off thought I could continue with UPS if it wasn't too bad.

I end up being totally disconnected when others are calling me. So cell phones are the link to the outside world. OTA TV provides information on the storm.

The iPad 3G would be a lifesaver like the iPhone but in spades as it can connect to the world using 3G but with no physical wires allowing lighting damage. The 3G battery lasts up to nine hours which is plenty during the disruption.
It trees take out the power grid the iPad 3G should last far longer than my portable TV.

:):):):)

chiffchaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd planned to take all of Friday off. Something came up that requires I be there from 11 to 2 but I still plan to miss the rest of the day (with any luck I'll get the iPad before 1030 and can take it to work with me - on the excuse that I need it to take notes at the 11am meeting!)

My boss is also waiting for a 3G iPad so I'm guessing he'll be OK with my plans. :D

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm taking Friday off. Have yard work to do... ;)

-Greg

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You’ll be glad to know that you should be able to acquire a 3G iPad at Best Buy stores on April 30th as well.

Last edited:

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im in ohio trying to get home for the 30th (truck driver) i been trying to get home the last past 5 days my job just keep beating around the bush ...oh we have no loads headed to tx im about to lose my mind

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you notice they didn't ship 3Gs this morning as expected?

4phun, don't scare us like that :p I'm sure that our 3G's are sitting in a warehouse, waiting to be sent. It's the people that didn't pre-order that have to worry.

OTH, my cc STILL has not been charged :confused:

I'm taking Friday off. My boss's boss is also buying a 3G, but I don't think he's taking the day off to wait :confused:

I have to take the kids to a track meet in the afternoon, so I am hoping that the iPad will come before.

Here's a question to those with the wi-fi model, when you first connect it to your computer, it connects to iTunes correct? And then syncs up your applications? I think I read in another thread that it takes awhile to download all of the apps (if you have a lot, which I do (thanks 4phun!)).

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you notice they didn't ship 3Gs this morning as expected?

4phun, don't scare us like that :p I'm sure that our 3G's are sitting in a warehouse, waiting to be sent. It's the people that didn't pre-order that have to worry.

OTH, my cc STILL has not been charged :confused:

I'm taking Friday off. My boss's boss is also buying a 3G, but I don't think he's taking the day off to wait :confused:

I have to take the kids to a track meet in the afternoon, so I am hoping that the iPad will come before.

Here's a question to those with the wi-fi model, when you first connect it to your computer, it connects to iTunes correct? And then syncs up your applications? I think I read in another thread that it takes awhile to download all of the apps (if you have a lot, which I do (thanks 4phun!)).

I am at 588 apps for the iPad today, even after I deleted a few as being junk (I read negative reviews).

You have the option of which apps to sync. Just do not sync them all. I would go through the list and unselect any that can wait before hitting the sync button.

I saw your post in my email. I wish I could reply from that instead of having to pull this up, log in, post, then log out again. It seems like such a waste of time. Oh well.

;);););)

Last edited:

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

4phun - you are a first class unadulterated $HIT disturber - and you should be ashamed of yourself. This article came out a week ago - was posted on Bloomberg news at 4am last Tuesday.

The article specifically talks about the fact that, due to high US and foreign demand, production delays of the screens could be responsible for the delay in the INTERNATIONAL rollout of the iPad.

If you would have read my earlier post on this thread about timing - Apple representatives told me yesterday that at least my two orders (one from March 13th and one from April 3rd) would definitely get here on time, but may not ship until Wednesday because they are providing overnight shipping and my units are ALREADY in the United States.
(I couldn't agree more on the font size!)

Last edited:

icepulse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of you guys need to lay off on the titanic font sizes that equal 2 posts per page, people.

This thread is for people waiting on their 3G delivery, and sharing updates, amongst one another, REGARDING that delivery / status.

Sweet app tips and 1"-high fonts should go make their own threads. Seriously. Every time I check back to this thread, it's because I want to see peoples updates RE: their 3G iPad delivery status. I'm getting a little sick of all these app "ads".

My 2¢.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts