What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New York 3D Rollercoaster Rush HD Free

from Apps (Free) for iPad
162905.png
New York 3D Rollercoaster Rush HD Free 1.0.10

Category: Games
Price: Free, Version: 1.0.10 (iTunes)

162905.jpg
Description:

Take a thrilling ride through the city that never sleeps with 3D Rollercoaster Rush NY! All new High Definition graphics exclusively for iPad; experience the thrill on the big screen.

Get a taste of the gut wrenching action in 6 amazing levels on 1 map in the Free Version. Purchase the Full Version and play 40 all new action-packed New York City 3D rollercoaster tracks full of steep, sky scraping peaks, huge drops and gut-wrenching curves! Pull off Extreme Air, Crushing G’s and other insane stunts as you overcome challenging breakable tracks, loop-the-loops, chasm jumps and more! Speed increases your excitement meter, multiplying your score, but even small jolts are enough to send carts hurtling down to the streets below!

--

Grab another iPad game while you wait for Fedex

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, in anticipation of my iPad, I decided to download a movie from iTunes for the experience. Long download time, but it went well. I was impressed with the color quality and picture flow.

I had downloaded some videos from Amazon a few months ago, but they do not play well on my MacBook. It is bad enough that I had to load them on windows XP, but the video is jerky enough to notice.

There's a free program for the Mac called 'Handbrake'. It will take any moving / video you download and convert to a friendly Apple format including Apple TV format. Give it a try - it might be what you're looking for.

I don't know if they've put together a setting for iPad yet.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
DavidNM said:
There's a free program for the Mac called 'Handbrake'. It will take any moving / video you download and convert to a friendly Apple format including Apple TV format. Give it a try - it might be what you're looking for.

I don't know if they've put together a setting for iPad yet.
It is coming under development great package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By Connie Guglielmo

U.S. buyers who ordered one of three 3G versions before yesterday will still get their iPad by the end of April, as originally promised,
Hope that helps the many of you whom are climbing the wall

Cheers colin down under :):D
user_online.gif
progress.gif

So i will got mine before the brick and mortar shop in US … now i jump on the roof can’t wait to switch to the 3 G

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fact is - we all need to take a break and go have a picnic for a few days. It appears that Apple has cleaned out all of their orders of accessories - the last of the hold outs appear to be shipping.

- Apple has re-assured everyone who placed a pre-order that their iPad will ship by the end of the month.

- While I have read a few posters (mostly on other sites) say they have been charged for their iPads - and - while I have also read a few posters (mostly on other sites) say they have been notified that their iPads have shipped - I'm not sure if I'm buying into that yet. It may be user error - too few examples.

- I think the next shoe to drop will be when I look on this forum and see 20 people have posted in the last hour that their credit cards have been nailed by Apple. Then another 20 the next hour. That's how we'll know. When the shoe does drop I think we'll all hear it.

- So, for me, it's time to take a deep breath - kill some weeds in the yard - take a spin on the bike - and stop checking my damned debit card every half hour.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fact is - we all need to take a break and go have a picnic for a few days. It appears that Apple has cleaned out all of their orders of accessories - the last of the hold outs appear to be shipping.

- Apple has re-assured everyone who placed a pre-order that their iPad will ship by the end of the month.

- While I have read a few posters (mostly on other sites) say they have been charged for their iPads - and - while I have also read a few posters (mostly on other sites) say they have been notified that their iPads have shipped - I'm not sure if I'm buying into that yet. It may be user error - too few examples.

- I think the next shoe to drop will be when I look on this forum and see 20 people have posted in the last hour that their credit cards have been nailed by Apple. Then another 20 the next hour. That's how we'll know. When the shoe does drop I think we'll all hear it.

- So, for me, it's time to take a deep breath - kill some weeds in the yard - take a spin on the bike - and stop checking my damned debit card every half hour.

It's officially over everyone. April 30th for everyone. Everything else you see or read is fake. Now what am I going to obsess over?

iPad Wi-Fi + 3G Models Available in US on April 30

edge7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DavidNM;14354 - So said:
I set up my AMEx account to send e-mail and ping my phone if my balance goes over $500, and I still find myself checking it every hour or so. Time to sit back, relax and aaaooooooommmmmmmm.........

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Interestingly, Apple say the iPad WiFi + 3G stock isn’t expected to arrive in-store until 5pm on the 30th. In comparison to the regular WiFi-only iPad, the 3G model is slightly heavier (1.6 pounds versus 1.5 pounds) and costs $130 more.

As for the 3G access itself, in the US Apple have continued their partnership with AT&T; the carrier will be offering 250MB of data per month for $14.99 and unlimited data for $29.99. Users can sign up, contract-free, on the iPad itself; however the 3G modem is also unlocked, for use when abroad.

Press Release:

iPad Wi-Fi + 3G Models Available in US on April 30

CUPERTINO, Calif., April 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Apple® today announced that the Wi-Fi + 3G models of its magical iPad(TM) will be delivered to US customers who’ve pre-ordered on Friday, April 30, and will be available in Apple retail stores the same day starting at 5:00 p.m.

iPad allows users to connect with their apps and content in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before. Users can browse the web, read and send email, enjoy and share photos, watch HD videos, listen to music, play games, read ebooks and much more, all using iPad’s revolutionary Multi-Touch(TM) user interface. iPad Wi-Fi + 3G models are just 0.5 inches thick and weigh just 1.6 pounds–thinner and lighter than any laptop or netbook–and deliver up to 10 hours of battery life for surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching videos or listening to music, and up to nine hours of surfing the web using a 3G data network.*

Apple retail stores will offer a free Personal Setup service to every customer who buys an iPad at the store, helping them customize their new iPad by setting up their email, loading their favorite apps from the App Store, and more. US Apple retail stores are also hosting special iPad workshops to help customers learn more about this magical new product.

Pricing & Availability

iPad is available in Wi-Fi models in the US for a suggested retail price of $499 for 16GB, $599 for 32GB and $699 for 64GB. The Wi-Fi + 3G models will be available on April 30 in the US for a suggested retail price of $629 for 16GB, $729 for 32GB and $829 for 64GB. iPad is sold in the US through the Apple Store® (Apple), Apple’s retail stores, most Best Buy stores, select Apple Authorized Resellers and campus bookstores. AT&T is offering breakthrough 3G pre-paid data plans for iPad with easy, on-device activation and management.

iPad will be available at the end of May in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK. Apple will announce international pricing and begin taking online pre-orders for iPad on May 10.

*Battery life depends on device settings, usage and other factors. Actual results vary.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I read that the damn thing is 'magical' one more time, I'm gonna barf.

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like my speculation that they were going to trickle out the 3G iPads was wrong. They sure cut it to the wire with keeping the "end of April" date! I'm glad to be able to have a day to focus on. Now I just need to put in for a day off on 4/30 :)

-Greg

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings. I'm happy that we have a solid official date but sad that it's still 10 days away. I did say way back in the thread that it wasn't going to be a saturday delivery again though. So kick back and enjoy your "420" as best you can people. 10 days and counting (oh and...fix the countdown on the sig fella's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts