What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My account shows no difference in status, so I have to assume there is not any action being taken. However, if I do get an e-mail that says different, I will quickly post here after the celebration.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, another Sunday night with no new news. I'll be having another martini and checking in from time to time. Stay strong 3G'ers, I have a feeling next week we're in for a wild ride!

IEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not received an email, yet! BUT, I also cannot get into my account which showed the shipping status, etc. I only shows me that I have ordered. I think we may have movement HOUSTON!

I will wak up tomorrow morning and Santa will tall me he is on the way!!!

Dana

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a piece of semi interesting information that probably doesn't mean anything. I am on the Apple.com site and under Shipping Methods and Costs they list 4 shipping methods:

Standard Shipping — This option is free on all qualifying products, except products that weigh more than 100 pounds or orders under $50. Delivers within 6 business days after shipping.

2 Day Shipping — Delivers within 2 business days after shipping.

2-3 Day International Shipping — Delivers within 2 to 3 business days after shipping.

Next Business Day — Delivers within 1 business day after shipping.

"Priority" shipping is not listed. So what's up with that?

BTW, does everyone know about "Signature on Delivery"? Since most shipments contain valuable items, you must sign for your package. There is an option where you can pre-sign with Apple. Look under "Shipping & Delivery" in the Apple Store.

BTW, my shipping status still shows Late April. :mad:

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a piece of semi interesting information that probably doesn't mean anything. I am on the Apple.com site and under Shipping Methods and Costs they list 4 shipping methods:

Standard Shipping — This option is free on all qualifying products, except products that weigh more than 100 pounds or orders under $50. Delivers within 6 business days after shipping.

2-3 Day International Shipping — Delivers within 2 to 3 business days after shipping.

BTW, does everyone know about "Signature on Delivery"? Since most shipments contain valuable items, you must sign for your package. There is an option where you can pre-sign with Apple. Look under "Shipping & Delivery" in the Apple Store.

Can you also 'pre-sign' for the iPads themselves? I thought I had heard you couldn't - but I'm probably wrong.

scarlettohara1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Can you also 'pre-sign' for the iPads themselves? I thought I had heard you couldn't - but I'm probably wrong.

DavidNM...I agree. I believe the iPad won't qualify for pre-signing ($$$$$). I have waited so long to get this thing and almost going crazy checking the status every second of the day I wouldn't want to pre-sign if I could. I can't wait until the Fed-Ex man rings my doorbell Saturday morning.....it will be like that commercial (I think with Ed McMahon) when they give out a million $$$.....I will be S C R E A M I N G!!!!!!! BTW...how's the weather out in NM? I love the Ruidoso area....it's beautiful there anytime of the year!

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

DavidNM...I agree. I believe the iPad won't qualify for pre-signing ($$$$$). I have waited so long to get this thing and almost going crazy checking the status every second of the day I wouldn't want to pre-sign if I could. I can't wait until the Fed-Ex man rings my doorbell Saturday morning.....it will be like that commercial (I think with Ed McMahon) when they give out a million $$$.....I will be S C R E A M I N G!!!!!!! BTW...how's the weather out in NM? I love the Ruidoso area....it's beautiful there anytime of the year!

Up in the NW area around Grants. Been about 72 degrees every day. Little windy in the afternoon - slight chance of rain late afternoon. Bout 35 at night. Beautiful!

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It looks to me like pre-signing was created for this situation. An iPad is a lot cheaper then a Mac Book Pro. According to the Apple.com site, once the item ships and has a tracking number, you can print out the pre-sign form and leave it at your door.

traylorc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Why wouldn't ipads "qualify" for pre-signing? By authorizing acceptance of your ipad on a pre-sign basis I believe Apple is relieved of an liability. That means the consumer accepts full responsibility if the carrier delivers the package without securing a signature.

IEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not received an email, yet! BUT, I also cannot get into my account which showed the shipping status, etc. I only shows me that I have ordered. I think we may have movement HOUSTON!

I will wake up tomorrow morning and Santa will tell me he is on the way!!!

Dana

I guess I got so excited at first that I could not type. Corrected. :)

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
I can't tell whether or not this is good news. Not quite 'Late April'

19apr10uo0b235ipad.jpg

Apple has just updated its online store with a shipping date for the 3G-equipped variants of its iPad. As you can see, all varieties of the hallowed Apple tablet should be out and about by May 7th -- meaning that some deliveries could sneak out even earlier -- and you can expect AT&T will be ready and waiting for you to activate that $30 a month unlimited data plan. Just for the European record, that means the iPad will be out in full force for American consumers three days ahead of the announcement of specific international availability. Ah well, at least that gives the UK and others hope that they might see the 3G and WiFi-only slates coming out at the same time, which should be somewhere around the end of May.

iPad - Apple Store (U.S.)
iPad 3G coming on May 7th -- Engadget

physisist777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new here...was one of the first few thousand to preorder a 3G on march 12th. I will be caneling my order now...

the ship date has just been updated

May 7th
Those bastards said it would be in april. I have a long road trip planned and the 3G is a big part of it (navigation, entertainment, sites to see along trip, etc.). My flight to meet my road trip party leaves on May 7th. so apple has completely F*#%$* my plans now. I am so pissed now...been anxiously waiting since march 12th and apple has just lied to us

late April...bunch of bull. They will no longer be getting $680 of my money (well, not right now anyways)

askbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.usaconnectors.com
You've got to laugh at some of the posts...like Apple decided to do this "on purpose" to annoy people... good grief.
I was pleasantly surprized to see an actual date on their website tonight.
Like many I pre-ordered early, and expected late.
I guess if you're that annoyed you shouldn't order a first gen product...
Maybe Apple shouldn't try to create innovate products... maybe they should just create crap and get that crap out on-time.

Me - I'll take innovation and get it a week late.

LOL

May 7... I'll be happy...

I figure I'm just a happy chap! It is after all a device created for enjoyment - it's not like it's your file server or something.

TTFN
askbaby

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
physisist777 said:
I am new here...was one of the first few thousand to preorder a 3G on march 12th. I will be caneling my order now...

the ship date has just been updated

May 7th
Those bastards said it would be in april. I have a long road trip planned and the 3G is a big part of it (navigation, entertainment, sites to see along trip, etc.). My flight to meet my road trip party leaves on May 7th. so apple has completely F*#%$* my plans now. I am so pissed now...been anxiously waiting since march 12th and apple has just lied to us

late April...bunch of bull. They will no longer be getting $680 of my money (well, not right now anyways)
You amaze me it is not Apples fault you have no idea what is involved in shipping products from china to USA and around the world it's not the end of the world a few days late is nothing for new products We have end of. May and I am not worried relax ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts