What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on the verge of canceling. This was a very big purchase for us. I have 4 teenage boys to support and this was a splurge. The more time I have to think, the more I'm wondering if its worth it. I think JObs is a genius but when you have such an expensive item, to leave people hanging is not the best idea. It is giving me second thoughts. I am trying to hang on, it;s something I really wanted, my but if I have gone this long with out it, I keep thinking maybe its something I don;t need. I can return my Doc and my adapter that says it shipped today. I think I need some camaraderie from you guys..I may have to cave it....I need support!! HELP! I feel the caving in happening slowly - and If I'm thinking it, I can't imagine how many other sales they have lost.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on the verge of canceling. This was a very big purchase for us. I have 4 teenage boys to support and this was a splurge. The more time I have to think, the more I'm wondering if its worth it. I think JObs is a genius but when you have such an expensive item, to leave people hanging is not the best idea. It is giving me second thoughts. I am trying to hang on, it;s something I really wanted, my but if I have gone this long with out it, I keep thinking maybe its something I don;t need. I can return my Doc and my adapter that says it shipped today. I think I need some camaraderie from you guys..I may have to cave it....I need support!! HELP! I feel the caving in happening slowly - and If I'm thinking it, I can't imagine how many other sales they have lost.

I know this is extremely frustrating and we all come on here to vent but the truth is so far, they haven't missed their delivery window. "Late April" may be vague but it really isn't considered late April yet. If we were in the middle of May, that's different. What really gets us all upset is that the wifi people got a firm date and we haven't. So I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and the slack that "Late April" gives them and wait until 4/30 before I go nuclear. My gut tells me we should see a preparing to ship update by the end of this week or beginning of next week for them to be able to deliver by "Late April". On the good front, I did see a commercial for AT&T during the masters and they did show an iPad at the end of it so it looks like they are gearing up for this as well. That's a good sign.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am staying away from the store - I know I will come away with the wi-fi model and its not what i want, so i sit here and check my computer like a mental patient waiting for SOME word on a release date.

--Hi - my name is Dina and I'm an IPAD-aholic:D

I'm constantly refreshing the apple store order status page like a mental patient with OCD. Last night I woke up to pee and checked it on my touch. I know, tmi.

What is the link to the iPad 3G status page? I was just waiting for an email from Apple as they have sent for everything else.

I sort of expect these to be released on Sunday April 18 in China for shipping with an email notice on Monday and delivery around Thursday through Sat. of next week in the USA.

kmattlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Heard April 24th ?? Anyone else have a date through the grapevine? I had someone tell me when it's shipped it will be coming from
Dallas, Texas along with the case..

Last edited:

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am staying away from the store - I know I will come away with the wi-fi model and its not what i want, so i sit here and check my computer like a mental patient waiting for SOME word on a release date.

--Hi - my name is Dina and I'm an IPAD-aholic:D

I'm constantly refreshing the apple store order status page like a mental patient with OCD. Last night I woke up to pee and checked it on my touch. I know, tmi.

What is the link to the iPad 3G status page? I was just waiting for an email from Apple as they have sent for everything else.

I sort of expect these to be released on Sunday April 18 in China for shipping with an email notice on Monday and delivery around Thursday through Sat. of next week in the USA.

I'm just looking at the order status page from the orders I placed.

latinnftl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Heard April 24th ?? Anyone else have a date through the grapevine? I had someone tell me when it's shipped it will be coming from
Dallas, Texas along with the case..

I already have my case. Was the first thing that came. Then came the keyboard with dock and now the charger. I'm only missing the blasted machine. I am kind of bothered by the fact that we remain in "late April" status which to me (with no other info other than observation) may indicate that the shipment is based on something out of Apple's control. Otherwise why wouldn't they give a date just like they did for the WiFi.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have this order that I place on March 13th - one of the items is a power adapter - says ships May 28th on the order. I also have an order placed on April 3rd - one of the items is also a power adapter - with a ship date of late April.

Today I receive notice that the power adapter has been shipped - the one from the April 3rd order. Still no notice on the March 13th orders power adapter.

and

the April 3rd order doesn't even show that the power adapter has been shipped - just shows as will ship late April.

This is weird!

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TIP - to pass the time grab some free apps

A little secret to the iPad app store is that some apps are free for the first 24 hours or several days then jump to big bucks.

I try to monitor the developments there. I also see some frustrated developers drop their price to free for a few hours or days to stimulate downloads and a rise in the ranking.

Today I started posting some of these deals in the App forums here. You need to monitor that when you visit this site to make sure you have a chance on getting the deal before it goes away.

You do not need to even have an iPad to download the app to your PC or Mac. You just want the thing registered as a 'purchase' in your account to if you have to redownload it later it will still be free even if the app now has some outrageous price on it.

Trust me if you are patient this is a great way to accumulate apps that are useful for two reasons.

One you save money.

Second the app may be crap in its current form but the developer will get the interface and functionality worked out making it a grate app months from now which everyone will rave about.

You can be very selective about which apps make it to the iPad and with the new OS 4 you can have over a thousand on your iPad springboard to choose from giving real value to your little device.
This worked for me on the iPhone and I had something like 400+ great apps to choose from. It takes time to collect the good ones. It took me a couple of years.

If you find this tip helpful or you spot that great app from a post to the app side please send me a note of thanks.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the speculation on the mac forums is apple is waiting for the 2 week return period for the wifi's to run out before they begin preparing to ship the 3G's. If that's true then this weekend is the return cutoff and we should see them prepare to ship by early next week. Cross your fingers 3G'ers!

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

@4phun, it sounds like you might have some inside knowledge? The above sounds pretty specific....;)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In a federal court submittal this afternoon, judge Maynard Lieuk granted an injunction against sales of the popular Apple iPod until further notice. This unusual move is the latest in the legal wrangling between the Adobe software company and Apple Computers. Apple Computers did not respond to any requests for interview.

Now take a couple of deep breathes, and be thankful that this is just a tasteless prank.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In a federal court submittal this afternoon, judge Maynard Lieuk granted an injunction against sales of the popular Apple iPod until further notice. This unusual move is the latest in the legal wrangling between the Adobe software company and Apple Computers. Apple Computers did not respond to any requests for interview.

Now take a couple of deep breathes, and be thankful that this is just a tasteless prank.

Ha Ha Ha..... very funny........ NOT!!! :) :)

Remember, some of us are just barely hanging on out here. A little more stress could push us over the edge and into the Apple Store to buy a wi-fi only iPad, and we are sooooooo clossssseeeeee!

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can handle the wait. I can't deal with the unknown "Late April". I feel like I am going through withdrawal symptoms. Today I was actually going to just cancel my order just so I can stop the bleeding.

chiffchaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can handle the wait. I can't deal with the unknown "Late April". I feel like I am going through withdrawal symptoms. Today I was actually going to just cancel my order just so I can stop the bleeding.

I agree. If I just knew how much longer it was going to be, I think I would be fine (anxious, but fine). I know we aren't past the promised timeframe yet but we've basically been waiting since the January announcement and 2.5 months is LONG ENOUGH.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why does everyone have "20 days to ship" on their posts? Wouldn't that be April 33rd?

I've read a lot of speculation in this thread - and the best guess that I have is the speculation about waiting for Saturday to pass (2 week return policy) and then firing up the process. I can't see how they can wait much longer without a date before they seriously start pi$$ing off their most loyal customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts