What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am staying away from the store - I know I will come away with the wi-fi model and its not what i want, so i sit here and check my computer like a mental patient waiting for SOME word on a release date.

--Hi - my name is Dina and I'm an IPAD-aholic:D

I'm constantly refreshing the apple store order status page like a mental patient with OCD. Last night I woke up to pee and checked it on my touch. I know, tmi.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if Tiger's drive to, well, er, you know - is as great as our drive to go get an iPad?

I want my 3G pretty bad, but I wouldn't risk $800million for it. Tigers an idiot but I do want my 3G. Let me check order status again.

mcfadyen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Folks,
In Canada and waiting for the Ipad (hopefully the 3G version).
Have been reading the blogs/forums and waiting for my turn!

Hopefully soon...

mcfadyen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Folks,
In Canada and waiting for the Ipad (hopefully the 3G version).
Have been reading the blogs/forums and waiting for my turn!

Hopefully soon...

Welcome mcfadyen. And welcome to the obsession...

Thanks! Have been reading for a few weeks...this thread made me decide to register.

Have been waiting for the official release announcement and getting a bit frustrated with the lack of news for Apple.

However, interestingly enough, Rogers is being much more flexible with their data plans and tethering service here over the past few days. I upgraded, at no charge, to their tethering plan for my iphone/blackberry. Wonder if they are preparing for an onslaught of calls regarding the ipad?

A.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Mcfadyen, welcome to the group! I read somewhere that people in Canada were originally told that they would be getting the iPad in "Late April" and now they are saying April 24th, is this true?

I'm hoping that "Late April" to Apple means April 24th and we will all be getting our iPad's in less then 2 weeks!

I think the blogs will report the ship date before they update our status, so I have been monitoring them. Here are the ones that I have been watching:

Boy Genius Report
MobileCrunch
Engadget
Gizmodo
MacRumors
TUAW

If anyone has any better ones, let me know.

scarlettohara1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK...Here is something to think about. Originally, My ship date for the Keyboard & Dock was Late April. On the Apple site last night I noticed the heading changed to prepared to ship, Today, credit card indicates a charge pending and now I receive a tracking number arrival date scheduled for April 14th.

Also, my case also indicated shipping on April 15th for delivery on April 20th. The status is now prepared for shipment and the credit card has another charge pending. I expect to see a tracking number this afternoon. BTW, my son received his case on Tuesday.

Speculate on the IPAD WiFi + 3G delivery all you want because I am. :)

Same here....iPad case and Power Adapter were originally scheduled for "late April"...I received my case early last week (and have been carrying it around waiting anxiously) and on Thursday the power adapter was shipped and will arrive tomorrow. (Both were delivered by Fed Ex...which no offense but I prefer them over UPS.)

I am gonna speculate with you.....I hope the 3G iPads to start shipping around the 19th....I consider that "late April"!!

mcfadyen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Mcfadyen, welcome to the group! I read somewhere that people in Canada were originally told that they would be getting the iPad in "Late April" and now they are saying April 24th, is this true?

I'm hoping that "Late April" to Apple means April 24th and we will all be getting our iPad's in less then 2 weeks!

I think the blogs will report the ship date before they update our status, so I have been monitoring them. Here are the ones that I have been watching:

Boy Genius Report
MobileCrunch
Engadget
Gizmodo
MacRumors
TUAW

If anyone has any better ones, let me know.

Hey there!
Well...we still have the official "late April" date, but I suspect that the new Rogers tethering allowance, coupled with their willingness to do everything possible to retain my 3g service on my iphone and blackberry devices, means it's on it's way very soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see the data plans released this week and pre-orders for the ipad in Canada to take place this week at the latest (if, indeed, we can even pre-order).

I've been following:
Here (of course)
justanotheripadblog.com
ievoloution.ca
macgasm.net

Hoping for news on Canada's Ipad soon!
A.

jenna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am weak willed, just pressed the buy now button on a 32g Wifi model on e-bay. How could I resist, it is in Sydeny and I can have it in my aching hands by the end of this week as opposed to not knowing when I might get the 3g model. I figure my hubby will be smitten by the device and willw ant one of his very own quickly so I can upgrade then.
Now having done that, Apple will likely announce the availability within the next couple of days :)

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am weak willed, just pressed the buy now button on a 32g Wifi model on e-bay. How could I resist, it is in Sydeny and I can have it in my aching hands by the end of this week as opposed to not knowing when I might get the 3g model. I figure my hubby will be smitten by the device and willw ant one of his very own quickly so I can upgrade then.
Now having done that, Apple will likely announce the availability within the next couple of days :)

jenna i will give my Wifi to my Wife and use the 3G for me , originally she say i don’t need one , when the device be there she try it , now she carry it everywhere … and enjoy it …

So don’t be worry la :D

Last edited:

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK...Here is something to think about. Originally, My ship date for the Keyboard & Dock was Late April. On the Apple site last night I noticed the heading changed to prepared to ship, Today, credit card indicates a charge pending and now I receive a tracking number arrival date scheduled for April 14th.

Also, my case also indicated shipping on April 15th for delivery on April 20th. The status is now prepared for shipment and the credit card has another charge pending. I expect to see a tracking number this afternoon. BTW, my son received his case on Tuesday.

Speculate on the IPAD WiFi + 3G delivery all you want because I am. :)

Same here....iPad case and Power Adapter were originally scheduled for "late April"...I received my case early last week (and have been carrying it around waiting anxiously) and on Thursday the power adapter was shipped and will arrive tomorrow. (Both were delivered by Fed Ex...which no offense but I prefer them over UPS.)

I am gonna speculate with you.....I hope the 3G iPads to start shipping around the 19th....I consider that "late April"!!

I'm not too sure they're updating the orders. I placed an order for a 64GB 3G on March 13th and the date for shipping the extra power cord still shows a ship date of May 28th (in the Apple store order lookup).

I ordered another 64 gb 3G on April 3rd and the ship date for that orders extra power cord shows late April.

I think the key is when they hit our credit cards - which should be about a week before shipment I would guess.

chiffchaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the key is when they hit our credit cards - which should be about a week before shipment I would guess.

well shoot - I checked and this is the first time I've ever been disappointed at how LOW my credit card balance is!

Tomorrow is exactly one month since I pre-ordered. Seems like a good day to announce a ship date to me.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will get here when it gets here.

Repeat this while tapping your heels three times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts