What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea I got the dock last week and it's still in the box. Got the email today that thr apple case shipped yesterday. It'll stay in the box as well.

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I AGREE!!!! I have my dock - still sitting in the box, as soon as the debit card comes back (since I lost mine I had to order a new one), I will order a few accessories and then I guess stare at those as well.....ho-hum,....this is getting very boring very fast. I have NO DESIRE for the wi-fi version. So I guess if it takes tooo long, Aplle will have lost it's sale and I'll go blow a grand on something else fun,

jenna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To those who wait come the spoils. I'm glad there's a thread.

Look at it this way - like all day 1 product 1 rollouts - there are going to be some glitches and 'oh shoots'. Probably not a lot - but there will be some. All of those issues will be address or fixes in the works by the time our units arrive.

Don't you all kind of feel like you're 7 years old and it's 4 days until Christmas - and it seems like a friggen eternity?

Well at leats when you are 7 and it's four days from Christmas, you have a calendar you can check off the days and you know how many more sleeps there are to go. We have no idea how many sleeps there are until IPAD 3GS day.

Oh and I will add another painful aspect, for we Asuies, we don't even know how much we will pay for any of the Ipad models :(

Ohhhhh how tempted I have been to lick the buy now button on a WIfi model from E-bay. But my ever so sensible other half keeps me in check and reminds me that I will be unhappy without 3GS. So I continue to play the wait game with tears in my eyes to the extent that the other day my 4 year old granddaughter came up to me and said "don't sook nanny" ah well.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in fact i will confess one point, i have Wifi but i still wait a 3G and it’s true the iPad in 3G is really a better solution many i am outside and want to connect my wifi but no luck no wifi around me ….

So be patient is better .. or buy a wifi and resell it or give it as gift to you nanny

JLStrange

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put my paper iPad in my case when it showed up this week so I can walk around and look cool. (it's not working):eek:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I smile and just tell people I love my iPad too much to let everone paw all over it. I just don't tell them that Apple is making that decision for me.:)

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my quest to find out when the 3G will ship, I came across this article that say's the dimensions between the wi-fi only and the 3G are different and that precision-molded cases created for the wi-fi only, may not fit the 3G model.

Here is a link to the article: FCC filings show iPad Wi-Fi + 3G is larger | iLounge News

This could be an issue for me since I have ordered the case from:

Vaja - Leather Products

These guys make the best cases. I really don't think .3mm and .1mm is going to make a difference but thanks for giving me something else to worry about... :D

I found some more information. According to this site: iPad arrives at FCC in 3G, Wi-Fi versions | Electronista

Both models of the ipad (wifi, 3G), have already passed FCC approval, so that should not be tying up the shipment date.

If it has passed FCC approval then I am at a loss as to why they can't just give us a date. Could it be that AT&T is not ready for the stress on their network? Could a couple of hundred thousand new users crash their networks? If this is the case then send me the @#$@# thing and don't allow me to enable 3G.

-Greg

Last edited:

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my quest to find out when the 3G will ship, I came across this article that say's the dimensions between the wi-fi only and the 3G are different and that precision-molded cases created for the wi-fi only, may not fit the 3G model.

Here is a link to the article: FCC filings show iPad Wi-Fi + 3G is larger | iLounge News

This could be an issue for me since I have ordered the case from:

Vaja - Leather Products

These guys make the best cases. I really don't think .3mm and .1mm is going to make a difference but thanks for giving me something else to worry about... :D

-Greg

I hope for the price they ask he will fit perfectly …. this is the more expensive case i have see in the whole market

But look nice, just crazy price

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope for the price they ask he will fit perfectly …. this is the more expensive case i have see in the whole market

But look nice, just crazy price

Yea, it is expensive but every case I've gotten from them in the past has been amazing so I am sure this one will be too. Each case is hand made leather and the end result is a hard case that really should protect the screen. I broke the screen on my first Sony Reader while carrying it in my brief case so I am paranoid and want to be sure my iPad is safe. Also, it is a gift for my birthday next weekend which works well because it is a bit over the top but a perfect gift :) Now if they would just send my my 3G iPad (heck I'd settle for them providing a firm release date) in time for my birthday!!!

-Greg

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The anticipation is killing me!! My brother came by with his WiFi iPad; I felt like Salieri from Amadeus. It was a beautiful thing to use. It was fast, responsive and the screen sharp and colorful. At the end of the day they had a rough time prying the iPad from my Kung fu grip.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The anticipation is killing me!! My brother came by with his WiFi iPad; I felt like Salieri from Amadeus. It was a beautiful thing to use. It was fast, responsive and the screen sharp and colorful. At the end of the day they had a rough time prying the iPad from my Kung fu grip.

Yea, I refuse to go see them at the store. I might just break down and cry. I just come here and cry.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yea, I refuse to go see them at the store. I might just break down and cry. I just come here and cry.

I know that if I go to the store to look at them I will find some lame excuse and come home with a 16gb wifi model.

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am staying away from the store - I know I will come away with the wi-fi model and its not what i want, so i sit here and check my computer like a mental patient waiting for SOME word on a release date.

--Hi - my name is Dina and I'm an IPAD-aholic:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts