What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my case yesterday - and my doc on Tuesday. I have my dock mounted in my case - sitting on my TV. I am a wreck! I'm just sitting here on my couch - admiring my doc and case - empty bottle of gin in my lap - pretzels strewn across the carpet in my living room - 2 week growth of beard on my face. Maybe I should sue Apple?

No join a support group. "Hello my name is David..."

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my case yesterday - and my doc on Tuesday. I have my dock mounted in my case - sitting on my TV. I am a wreck! I'm just sitting here on my couch - admiring my doc and case - empty bottle of gin in my lap - pretzels strewn across the carpet in my living room - 2 week growth of beard on my face. Maybe I should sue Apple?

No join a support group. "Hello my name is David..."

He did join a support group, this is it! We are all in this together. Just got my shipping notice for my case btw. I'm pretty psyched about that. Seems like everything has been shipping earlier than expected so let's hope the same holds for the 3G. Maybe "Mid April" instead of late? Crossing fingers...

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ok all.. I've decided to wait it out. I really want a date, but it's my own frustration and anger that would make me cancel it. At least I can come here and whine...ANd then yesterday...what happens??? I drop my iphone 3gs and the screen smashed. Phone still works like a charm - but the glass is smashed. 70 to repair it. ugh....ok I think - Ill just send it out, no phone for 3-4 days is ok...but what do I do??? Lose my Debit card...now I can't even send it out till I get a new debit card (dont use credit cards)....UGH!!! ok..now I'm asking for sympathy and pity....lmao

That is a pretty amazing string of events. Sounds like you should be documenting your life for a book. :D Good thing is that your attitude remains untainted. If you look into the tea leaves: 1. you don't need an Iphone the Ipad will serve your needs, 2. you don't need debit card so you can save your money and spend it on Ipad related items (Apps, accessories).

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok..I had to order a new debit card and its not here yet!! I want to order accessories.! My BF is moving in next weekend and Iwas hoping to have a new toy to play with to take my mind off the anxiety and craziness that goes along with moving! Oh IPAD!!! Where are YYOOOOOUUUU??? I'm going IPAD nuts!

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my quest to find out when the 3G will ship, I came across this article that say's the dimensions between the wi-fi only and the 3G are different and that precision-molded cases created for the wi-fi only, may not fit the 3G model.

Here is a link to the article: FCC filings show iPad Wi-Fi + 3G is larger | iLounge News

Cool find iceman, thanks. I don't think the "0.3mm taller and 0.1mm wider than the Wi-Fi only model" should affect the apple case or silicone cases but your right the solid shells could be an issue.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thinking, instead of waiting for apple for a ship/launch date shouldn't we also be looking at AT&T? They will probably want to do a big launch event seeing as they are the major recipient of revenue from the data plan purchases. I'm wondering if there have been any scheduled blackout dates for employees yet or inventory lists with future 3G shipments. Anyone works for At&T speak up!

Mike96734

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Mike from Honolulu...

I'm a Tech Junkie...

I sit here, looking at my Ipad Dock.

My name is Mike, I'm a Junkie...

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my quest to find out when the 3G will ship, I came across this article that say's the dimensions between the wi-fi only and the 3G are different and that precision-molded cases created for the wi-fi only, may not fit the 3G model.

Here is a link to the article: FCC filings show iPad Wi-Fi + 3G is larger | iLounge News
I guess its a good thing I have not ordered any add-ons for my iPad. I guess I will have to wait until it comes in.:(

Mpaige

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Mike from Honolulu...

I'm a Tech Junkie...

I sit here, looking at my Ipad Dock.

My name is Mike, I'm a Junkie...

LMAO..... Same here, I just sit here looking at my dock and case :( and my name is Mike also..lol :)

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Cool find iceman, thanks. I don't think the "0.3mm taller and 0.1mm wider than the Wi-Fi only model" should affect the apple case or silicone cases but your right the solid shells could be an issue.

I found some more information. According to this site: iPad arrives at FCC in 3G, Wi-Fi versions | Electronista

Both models of the ipad (wifi, 3G), have already passed FCC approval, so that should not be tying up the shipment date.

I did some searches for AT&T and Ipad, but didn't find anything interesting. I did see that the 3G model has the number A1337, which is pretty funny.

I'm glad that I haven't purchased any accessories. It's bad enough waiting, without having the docking station sitting there empty. That would really put me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts