What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 3G Shipping April 20 when Apple releases Quarter Sales Fiures to Investors

What do you think of the iPad 3G shipping Tuesday?

• Great News - I have been notified too.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Good News - I am still waiting for notification

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Meh, we will see April 20

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Bad news - you all are brain whashed sheeple -waiting on an iPad killer from Android

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 2 cents...

AAPL WILL break the $300 estimation by 12/2010. Almost all analysts in Wall Street have raised their targets from the $250-$275 range to $300, some "crazy" ones even going as high as $350.

If you look at Apple numbers, market conditions, forecast and Apples own performance, it will happen, and I would say sooner than later. Just this past Friday the stock broke the $250 mark, only to shrink slightly to $247 and change. Next week, after the conference call and 3G release, the stock will get to $260, and in June/July, after the new iPhone 4G and Verizon gets in the mix, the stock will be pushed all the way up to the $280-$290 range.

Apple is sitting on a pile of cash; the stock will not go anywhere but up.

What do you think the chances of a split?

Very unlikely in my opinion.

Stock splits are done when:

1.- Company is in trouble, needs extra money and spread the risk in more shares/less cost.
2.- Stock is way too expensive and prevents the regular investor of jumping in.

None of these scenarios apply today to Apple; they're sitting in a big pile of cash, and they're not a mini version of Berkshire Hathaway. However, they've gone splitting in the past. Why? Nobody knows in the first 2 cases for sure, but the last time was just to rally the stock. They don't need that now, unless they want to keep the stock price down ($50/$75 range). Splits are psychological moves, and right now, Apple is a big bear, so no need to resort to that.

Next year, after the $300 ceiling? Maybe, but why ruin the exclusivity aura that surrounds an expensive stock, without any need for it?

And forget about dividends... Jobs likes sitting on a pile of cash "just in case."

OP

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you think the chances of a split?

Very unlikely in my opinion.

Stock splits are done when:

1.- Company is in trouble, needs extra money and spread the risk in more shares/less cost.
2.- Stock is way too expensive and prevents the regular investor of jumping in.

None of these scenarios apply today to Apple; they're sitting in a big pile of cash, and they're not a mini version of Berkshire Hathaway. However, they've gone splitting in the past. Why? Nobody knows in the first 2 cases for sure, but the last time was just to rally the stock. They don't need that now, unless they want to keep the stock price down ($50/$75 range). Splits are psychological moves, and right now, Apple is a big bear, so no need to resort to that.

Next year, after the $300 ceiling? Maybe, but why ruin the exclusivity aura that surrounds an expensive stock, without any need for it?

And forget about dividends... Jobs likes sitting on a pile of cash "just in case."

look at the price of Google per share.

Scenes we will no longer see if iBooks on the iPad become popular.

cl100418.gif

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The issue with Apple execs selling some of their stock has to do more with anticipating the stock rise. The way taxes are formulated, it sometimes pays more to sell a stock at a lower price.

OP

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[CrisisAlert] Canada - Ash cloud heads for Newfoundland - Flights canceled to and from St John's

What will get here first the iPad or the airspace closing volcanic ash cloud? These iPads are shipped by air!

akracer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 3G ETA...
Just received an update Email from Apple this morning saying that my iPad 3G ordered on March 12th, is due to arrive late April. I wonder if all of the hoopla about early shipping casued Apple to send out order updates?

mjeagent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gizmodo is saying May 7 unless you preordered, then you still should expect yours in "late April".

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then why didn't they wait and cash in on the $10 to $20 APPL rise since then? Some are predicting another $50 rise in APPL this year.

Personally I think they are wrong and everyone is in for a surprise drop in value but if I was always right I would be rich.

My 2 cents...

AAPL WILL break the $300 estimation by 12/2010. Almost all analysts in Wall Street have raised their targets from the $250-$275 range to $300, some "crazy" ones even going as high as $350.

If you look at Apple numbers, market conditions, forecast and Apples own performance, it will happen, and I would say sooner than later. Just this past Friday the stock broke the $250 mark, only to shrink slightly to $247 and change. Next week, after the conference call and 3G release, the stock will get to $260, and in June/July, after the new iPhone 4G and Verizon gets in the mix, the stock will be pushed all the way up to the $280-$290 range.

Apple is sitting on a pile of cash; the stock will not go anywhere but up.

My estimations of a $260 target for this week after the conference call proved to be correct.

If you want a free iPad, buy enough AAPL stock and hold it for a year.

Most reactions

Latest posts