What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Set to Shift Staggering 20 Million iPads in This Quarter Alone

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_2_3.JPG

AppleInsider reports on yet more excellent news for Apple today, with a story on DigiTimes saying that Foxconn is getting ready to ship 20 million iPad 2s to Apple in the current quarter, which would indicate record-breaking sales figures are on the way for this quarter, as usually Apple sells all the iPads it ships. AppleInsider notes that if this estimate for Foxconn proves to be on the money, it would signify a 60 percent sequential growth for iPad 2 shipments for Apple. And just to help you get your head around just how stunning it would be for Apple to sell 20 million iPad 2s in one quarter, AppleInsider points out that in the last quarter, Apple shipped a record-breaking 9.2 million units, which marked a 183 percent increase from the year-ago-quarter. So basically 20 million sold in the current quarter would mean more than double. Pretty good going, and an indication that Apple has managed to solve its supply chain issues.

Source: AppleInsider | Foxconn to ship Apple a massive 20M iPads this quarter - report

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Over 220,000 units a day... I would say that's impressive!

-t

suhaimy_99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go go Apple more iPad sold mean more people are connected and more harmonius it will be

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As a long-time user of Microsoft products, I think part of the reason for the popularity of Apple products is the certain knowledge that what you buy today won't be out-of-date tomorrow. There is nothing like being able to buy with confidence, rather than worrying that you are buying from a confidence trickster.

From accidentally acquiring an iPhone when my last phone went to an early grave, I have become a firm Apple customer, and have little reason to doubt that my new-found enthusiasm for the company's products will wane. My Vista PC will eventually give way to an iMac, and the laptop I promised myself years ago will, of course, be a MacBook.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... My Vista PC will eventually give way to an iMac, and the laptop I promised myself years ago will, of course, be a MacBook.

As another long time Windows user I can feel your pain, but for God's sake, don't continue to suffer the Vista experience. Move on to Windows 7 even if you plan to transition to a MacBook. The pain isn't worth it.

Most reactions

Latest posts