What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G problem

Piquestra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently purchased a 64GB/3G iPad and had a 3G problem after jailbreaking. I had only used it a day before the break so I didn't know if it was jailbreak related or not. I came across a post elsewhere describing the same problem but do not know if that person had jailbroken their unit or not.

My response is below. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had similar 3G problems. I was lucky and made an exchange to get another jailbreakable unit.
=================
original post
I have an ipad & wanted to ask if anyone was experiencing poor 3g reception? I have found that in more and more situations where I can get "no service" and yet the iphone users are OK. It happened again last night, I was sitting in a classroom and getting "no service" and five iphone users were all rolling right along with web access. I've got a work friend who has the same problem with her ipad/iphone situation.
----
my response
----
pqrst,
I have had the same experience and wondered if it had anything to do with a jailbreak. Had you jailbroken your iPad? Here is my experience. I bought a new 64/3g iPad last week. It came with iOS 3.2. Worked okay but obviously not extensive testing. A day later I jailbroke it. Seemed fine. Then the following day I had 3G issues such as yours. It couldn't seem to hang onto it. iPhones beside me had no problem. Every time I selected the Carrier setting and it eventually tied into the network, as soon as I tried surfing it lost it. So I decided since I had no other option to put a clean 3.2.2 on it. Of course no jailbreak for it. Started working right away on 3G. So I suspected the jailbreak. Then a day or two later running 3.2.2 with no jailbreak the same behaviour repeated itself. No 3G service. Once in a while I could get it but enough was enough. I returned it to BestBuy and wanted an exchange. They exchanged it and thankfully it is also 3.2. I have not jailbroken it and will not until I do some more testing and research. I will leave it at 3.2 unbroken for a week or so and find out if it stays stable on 3G. If there is no evidence that the jailbreak contributed to the problem I will break it. Thus this long-winded message to inquire as to whether or not you had applied a jailbreak. Has anyone else experienced 3G problems pertaining to inability to stay connected? Thanks all.

Ken Esq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 3G iPad running 3.21 and jailbroken. I've experienced no connectivity problems with the 3G service. I actually find it more reliable than wifi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
when you jailbreak this can happen. (break is even in the name).

This can also just be your local area. iPhones show false signal levels.

OP
P

Piquestra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement Ken Esq. What jailbreak method did you use?

Most reactions

Latest posts