What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G, on 3.2 want to upgrade to 3.2.1

dman4x4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have iPad 3G and I got it with OS 3.2, now I want to upgrade to 3.2.1 to fix the wifi issue.
I did the following:
* I have iTunes 9.2.1
* Downloaded iPad1,1_3.2.1_7B405_Restore ipsw
* Clicked restore + shift, selected the file above
* Once the process starts it gives an error "This device isn't eligible for the requested build"

How can I fix this?

Cheers,
Papa Jones

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freeipadjailbreak.org
Hi all,
I have iPad 3G and I got it with OS 3.2, now I want to upgrade to 3.2.1 to fix the wifi issue.
I did the following:
* I have iTunes 9.2.1
* Downloaded iPad1,1_3.2.1_7B405_Restore ipsw
* Clicked restore + shift, selected the file above
* Once the process starts it gives an error "This device isn't eligible for the requested build"

How can I fix this?

Cheers,
Papa Jones
Hello!

I can't help you because I don't know exactly how to Upgrade from 3.2 to 3.2.1. I just want to advice you: Be careful, if you click Restore or Update , you will update to 3.2.2 and then you can't jailbreak.

I'm not sure, but, is probable that Apple stopped Upgrading to other firmware except the newest one, as you know they stopped signing Downgrade Requests, is probable that for Upgrading is just the same.

OP
D

dman4x4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, don't worry, I only selected the right iOS

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't upgrade to 3.2.1 unless your SHSH blobs have been saved. Apple hasn't been signing 3.2.1 for some time now. It doesn't matter whether you are trying to upgrade or downgrade firmware: if the firmware is no longer being signed by Apple you cannot restore to it without already having the SHSH blobs saved.

You either stay where you are or go to 3.2.2.

Michael

OP
D

dman4x4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't upgrade to 3.2.1 unless your SHSH blobs have been saved. Apple hasn't been signing 3.2.1 for some time now. It doesn't matter whether you are trying to upgrade or downgrade firmware: if the firmware is no longer being signed by Apple you cannot restore to it without already having the SHSH blobs saved.

You either stay where you are or go to 3.2.2.

Michael

Thanks Micahel,
I haven't saved SHSH blob for 3.2.1, so...that mean there isn't a way for me to get my hands on a signed "generic" 3.2.1 that one can use, correct?

Cheers

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. It is signed when you do the restore, iTunes does it by contacting gs.apple.com. The saved blobs work in conjunction with redirecting gs.apple.com to Saurik's server or TinyUmbrella running in server mode. This is able to give iTunes/iPad the green light to go ahead and load the firmware.

If you had downloaded 3.2.1 while it was still signed, but did not install it, TinyUmbrella would have been able to save the SHSH blobs for it (if you ran it before Apple stopped signing 3.2.1).

Michael

OP
D

dman4x4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. It is signed when you do the restore, iTunes does it by contacting gs.apple.com. The saved blobs work in conjunction with redirecting gs.apple.com to Saurik's server or TinyUmbrella running in server mode. This is able to give iTunes/iPad the green light to go ahead and load the firmware.

If you had downloaded 3.2.1 while it was still signed, but did not install it, TinyUmbrella would have been able to save the SHSH blobs for it (if you ran it before Apple stopped signing 3.2.1).

Michael

This explains the whole thing. Thanks again. Hopefully someone will figure out how to a work around....some day :)

Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts