What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 vs Transformer Pad Infinity 700

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyprusx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys Im Making a video about the IPAD 3 and its biggest competitor the Transformer Pad Infinity 700, So i put together a list about each device and what it does better then the other. I don't want any Fanyboy comments lets keep this about the facts (if i have missed something out plz let me know)
Thanks

Transformer Pad Infinity 700 (Wifi)

Thinner
Lighter
Bigger screen
Super IPS (higher brightness and less sunlight reflection
Gorilla Glass 2 (thinner, less reflection, more responsive)
microSD, up to 32 GB
Wi-Fi Direct,
8 MP
LED flash
Stereo speakers
Secondary Camera, 2 MP
Faster CPU (Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9)
GPS
Adobe Flash
Official mobile dock (increases Battery Life, USB Ports)
Plug and play (connect USB peripherals such as game controllers, external hard drives, digital cameras)
Better notification system
Syncing is not required
True Multitasking
More Customization
Faster Charging

Ipad 3 (Wifi)

face detection
video stabilization
Back-illuminated sensor
Higher resolution
Cheaper
Faster GPU (PowerVR SGX543MP4)
More Apps
RAW image support

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Transformer Pad Infinity 700 (Wifi) [non-existent product that we are comparing here, but that's the way it always is with Android, and when the device does hit, you can't find it, and then when you do find it, its got bugs galore]

Bigger screen (lopeside screen that only works well for movies)
Super IPS (burn through battery quicker0
microSD, up to 32 GB (less total memory)
8 MP (it's a tablet)
LED flash
(it's a tablet)
Stereo speakers (like stereo works on a tablet!)
Faster CPU (Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9) (needed to run the clunky Android OS)
GPS (er, are you sure ASUS can engineer a GPS into a tablet -- look what happened last time)
Adobe Flash (er, yesterday's dead tech, and trying to run it makes Android clunkier)
Official mobile dock (increases Battery Life, USB Ports) (add $150 to base price, but why didn't you buy a laptop in the first place, fanboi)
Plug and play (connect USB peripherals such as game controllers, external hard drives, digital cameras) (er, there is no real USB port anymore, you have to get an extra cable!)
Syncing is not required (not required on my iPad, either)
True Multitasking (really, is that what you call that?)
More Customization
(so much so that you spend all your time doing nothing but customizing....instead of doing anything real)

I'll still probably buy one...

OP
C

cyprusx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
o_O WOW the biggest HATER EVER and I manage to find him on my thread, my luck.....

So anywayyy if we can avoid the HATE for 1 sec, Is their anything else the Ipad has Tech/Software wise?

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash may be still supported but it's widely recognised as being phased out on android. My Samsung sgs2 on ICS doesn't want to know.

The iPad has native RAW photo support for a significant proportion of most major camera manufacturers. That's why I went for it, and the IPS panel over a year ago.

I would compare benchmarks rather than processors. Given the two tablets run two different o/s comparing chipsets in isolation doesn't mean very much?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, it runs smoother. It is less "fiddly" , apps don't FC as much. There third-party support is huge in comparison since vendors don't have to develop for zillions of models in different sizes and shapes.

And you need to look at your own self for HATE. The way you wrote your post just says it all day. I plan to own a 700 and I already own a 3.

OP
C

cyprusx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea i Know That apple products are more smooth in general because of their simplified operating systems, but apparently the Prime with ICS is pretty smooth also, but im gona say its a tie because sometimes the ipad runs/opens things faster and sometimes the Prime is faster, so they cancel each other out
This is a good video to watch on that
Yea I looked at the bench Marks the Ipad3 has a Faster GPU while the Transformer has a faster CPU

Dont u need to sync with iTunes to update, sync content, and more? like u cant just drag and drop music files ect?

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
cyprusx said:
Yea i Know That apple products are more smooth in general because of their simplified operating systems, but apparently the Prime with ICS is pretty smooth also, but im gona say its a tie because sometimes the ipad runs/opens things faster and sometimes the Prime is faster, so they cancel each other out
This is a good video to watch on that YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3n_J7v82AM"]iPad 3 vs Transformer Prime! - YouTube
Yea I looked at the bench Marks the Ipad3 has a Faster GPU while the Transformer has a faster CPU

Dont u need to sync with iTunes to update, sync content, and more? like u cant just drag and drop music files ect?

I heard that guy saying some of the same stuff I wrote above.....and he talks about april for he HD prime....but where is it?

But I the iPad as more of an rf window on back than the prime...and the wifi is compromised on the prime, as is the gps and Bluetooth...he ignored all that.....and look at how The screen rotates on the iPad....but it just appears on the prime.....I think someone is playing games with ICS to make it look faster and smooth. It is not. The config on the ICS is a bit of a pain....

Now...you don't need iTunes to update....you don't need to sync content... And you drag and drop from iTunes as you do from a file manager with android. But you don't need a wire at all to use the iPad....you don't have to connect it to a pc at all if you don't wish to. I rarely connect mine.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard that guy saying some of the same stuff I wrote above.....and he talks about april for he HD prime....but where is it?

But I the iPad as more of an rf window on back than the prime...and the wifi is compromised on the prime, as is the gps and Bluetooth...he ignored all that.....and look at how The screen rotates on the iPad....but it just appears on the prime.....I think someone is playing games with ICS to make it look faster and smooth. It is not. The config on the ICS is a bit of a pain....

Now...you don't need iTunes to update....you don't need to sync content... And you drag and drop from iTunes as you do from a file manager with android. But you don't need a wire at all to use the iPad....you don't have to connect it to a pc at all if you don't wish to. I rarely connect mine.

Need we even talk about another Asus product launch flop? :)

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I was a hater it would be of apple and iOS, though in comparing an android tablet and iPad it's clear the iPad is years ahead in usability and construction.

Super IPS is much less than super if you read how the tech works you'll find it actually has less sub-pixel resolution than IPS screens. Therefore not as sharp at the same resolution never mind color accuracy.

Also the screen on the iPad is actually bigger in terms of area. The android tablets only have longer screens.

The camera on the iPad is superb. And if you know anything about photography you would know that resolution is hardly the most significant thing in terms of screen quality.

The iPad is plenty fast. How much faster would you want than instant response? In my experience with android it had significant response issues.

And I will not even go into the state of apps for iPad vs Android tablets.

For those reasons the iPad won me over.

mdanehart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am no way an Apple Fanboy..I purchased the Asus TF 300 Transformer and sent it back to Best Buy, the tablet had unacceptable level of light seeping through the screen. I switched it out the Asus Prime with dock. First of all the GPS never hooked up, the wifi radio has limited range, the supplied browser was slow, the tablet would shut down and restart for no apparent reason. There is other problems but the tablet has been reboxed and going back this weekend.

Yes I purchased the IPad 3 after playing with the wife's IPad 2. Well it's a keeper. So far this device has been flawless, the quality of construction is excellent, In addition I can FaceTime with her when needed...but not to often. Lol.

I was really hoping the Transformer was ready for Primetime. Not yet ....

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
seneca18 said:
So we are going to start this conversation up again?

I was just thinking this myself.

In the effort to keep this thread open-I will ask all participating here to stay On-topic and also remain tactful when replying to posts.

Thank you,
Skimonkey
IPad Forum Moderating Staff

ConvinceMe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Displays have migrated from 4X3 to 16X9 and 16X10 over the years. 6X9 or 16X10 are pretty much the standard now a days. iPad is the only current device that still stuck at the old aspect ratio. Even the new standalone GPS are wide screen. Android tablets are simply keeping up with the time.

Resolution on both TF700T and ipad3 are excellent. 224ppi vs 264ppi. At those ppi on a 10" display, you can't tell the difference unless they're put under the microscope or compared both side by side under a magnifying glass.

All recently released Android devices released within the last 1-2 years unofficially supports SDXC up to the current largest SD or MicroSD card. The largest SD card right now is the Lexar 128GB and the largest MicroSDXC is the Sandisk 64GB. The card has to be formatted correctly. Once external storage card is inserted, the total memory is increases by the size of the card. You can easily have a 256GB TF700T tablet 64GB internal+64GB MicroSDXC+128GB SDXC on the dock. If that's not enough, there's a tablet with 250GB SSD with MicroSD slot.

When iPhone released the 4S, Apple bragged about how bad ass its camera is. That same camera technology has migrated to the iPad. Apple bragged about that too. Now that Android Tablets released cameras that're even better than the iPad suddenly it's irrelevant?

LED flash is not only for the camera. There are apps that can turn it into flashlights.

Stereo speakers on electronic devices may not seem important to some but I would rather have a good set of built in speakers than tinny glorified headphone speakers or have to carry a separate external speakers.

Faster CPU may not necessarily be required to run the Android OS. However, it is the progress of technology. It is what's available now. The iPhone 3GS is perfectly fine running the latest iOS5.X. Why does the 4S have a CPU that's twice as fast? It doesn't take a lot of CPU power to run virtual assistance nor video calls. The 3GS's CPU power is more than capable of doing both if it has the hardware and the software. Europe and Asia have had video calls on dumb phones for years before Apple got into the mobile business.

The GPS and WiFi issues were fixed with theTF300T. Don't tell me that iPhone 4 had perfect receptions.

Adobe Flash may be dead but there are still sites out there running it. Android is capable of displaying sites with both Flash and HTML5.

The dock is optional. You don't have to buy it for the TF700T to work. If you do buy it, it doubles the operation time, adds full size USB and full size SD card, and a hardware keyboard and mouse pad.

The USB ports on Android tablets are OTG. They can be either host or client. The USB adapter for the iPad won't work with external storage devices.
Transferring files on Android is easier than iPad. You just plug in the USB and the host will see the Android tablet or phone as an external drive. Can't say the same for iPad. But I'm sure there's an app for that.

Multitasking on both devices are questionable. Why does youtube or video stop playing when you hit the home button on both devices? If it's true multitasking the video would continue to play even if it's minimized.

Customization
is the heart of Android OS. It's simple. If you don't want to customize it, you don't have to. If you want to customize it, there's a lot more you can do than an iPad. If you don't like the original keyboard? install a new keyboard. If you don't like the original UI, install a new UI. If you want to customize the
iPad, you have to jailbrake it.

If Apple released an iPad with 16X9 AR and one with 4X3 AR and both are 10" Retina Display, would you still choose the 4X3 aspect ratio?

If Apple released an iPad that accepts a memory card and one that doesn't accept a memory card, would you still choose the one without the card slot?

If Apple released an iPad with a 5MP camera and one with PureView, would you still choose the 5MP camera?

If Apple released an iPad with a Xenon flash with LED light and one without, would you still choose the one withtout any flash?

If Apple released an iPad with stereo speakers and one with mono speaker, would you still choose the mono speaker?

If Apple released an iPad with quad core CPU and one with dual core CPU, would you still choose the one with dual core?

If Apple released an iPad that supports flash and HTML5 and one that only supports HTML5, would you still choose the one that only supports HTML5?

If Apple released an iPad with optional dock that could potentially turn it into a MacBook Air that runs on iOS instead of OSX and one with no dock options, would you till choose the one without the docking option?

If Apple released an iPad with USB-OTG port built in that supports external storage and one that requires an adapter that doesn't support external storage, would you still choose the one that requires an adapter?

If Apple released an iPad with iOS that natively turns it into external drive when plugged into a host machine and one with iOS that doesn't, would you still choose the one that doesnt?

If Apple released an iPad that supports true multitasking and one that suspends the app when minimized, would you still choose the one that only suspends?

If Apple released an iPad that supports widgets and icons and one that only supports icons, would you still choose the one that only supports icons?

If you choose no to any of the questions, then you just bought an Android tablet. Since you refuse to buy Android, you're only buying what ever Apple is feeding you regardless how technologically behind it is.

instead of flaming me, please convinced me that the ipad is better than the TF700T in a civilized matter.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
... [snipped a whole bunch of typing] ...

instead of flaming me, please convinced me that the ipad is better than the TF700T in a civilized matter.

Just to remind everyone. This is an iPad forum for those people who like the iPad, enjoy using it and wish to share their experience and knowledge of the iPad with others. As such, and as a general rule, we don't really have to convince anyone that the iPad is better. It is what we have chosen to buy and what we use.

This conversation cannot be resolved - there are people who like tablets that run Android, just as there are people who like tablets running iOS (the iPad). This is not the place to "convince" anyone which is better.

The people here at this forum, by purchasing and using an iPad, have demonstrated their conviction that the iPad is the best choice for them at this time. Please respect that decision.

As this topic cannot be resolved and will only be an echo tunnel of talking points - this thread is closed. Thank you for your understanding.

Marilyn
Moderator, iPad Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts