What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 3 too much problem?

srkhn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree with you about battery. It can be last forever in stand by. But other cases...

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm on mine daily accessing email, songs, games, productivity apps for work etc and I haven't experienced any over heating or concerns with battery life. Yes, it does get a little warmer than my iPad1 but that is to be expected with what I'm asking it to do but I've never thought it was anything to be concerned about. As far as the battery, same thing, after all that I use it for I have never felt the battery has an issue either.

JasonKrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saw no difference in battery life between ipad2 and 3.

3 does get a bit warmer than 2 but nowhere close enough to be even remotely uncomfortable to hold.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPad 3 battery lasts at least as long as my iPad 2 battery,maybe even a little longer,when using it for the same tasks.when fully charged,it stays on the 100% indicator for at least half an hour before dropping to 99%.

Last edited:

OneZeoN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My battery lasts ages and no over heating at all

It gets warm but nothing worrying or un usual :)

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My "3" (which is the only iPad I've had) seems fine. No heating problems at all. I use the iPad throughout the day and have never had the battery run completely down. I plug in at night.

OP
AgyPrab

AgyPrab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all. Now I don't worry to buy ipad 3.. heck I mean THE NEW IPAD.. :D

cwinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had absolutely no issues with mine. It gets slightly warm if I watch movies on Netflix on it, but otherwise no problems. I charge my battery every 3-4 days, though I'm not a heavy user. I can watch an entire 45 minute episode on Netflix and drain maybe 5-8% of battery?

The fact of the matter is that almost any product sold on such a large scale will have defective items, which you then end up reading about on the Internet, but in general I think there are no wide-spread battery or overheating issues.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had absolutely no issues with mine. It gets slightly warm if I watch movies on Netflix on it, but otherwise no problems. I charge my battery every 3-4 days, though I'm not a heavy user. I can watch an entire 45 minute episode on Netflix and drain maybe 5-8% of battery?

The fact of the matter is that almost any product sold on such a large scale will have defective items, which you then end up reading about on the Internet, but in general I think there are no wide-spread battery or overheating issues.

Agreed, in any mass produced device a few bad ones will slip through. It is such a non issue though since Apple has such a great return/exchange policy. There have been people that have had several devices swapped out (even though I believe they are finding issues where no issue exists).

tiffy83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had no issues. Battery is pretty good in my opinion. And I have never had it overheat and I'm a pretty heavy user of my iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts